Who We Are:
HomeLight is a venture-backed technology startup revolutionizing the $1 trillion real estate industry. Our mission is simple we empower people to achieve better outcomes during one of lifes most important events: buying or selling their home.
HomeLights technology analyzes millions of home transactions to determine which agent or cash buyer is right for you. We also offer innovative financing & closing solutions, creating an end-to-end real estate experience that's simple, certain, & satisfying.
We pride ourselves on our company culture but dont just take it from us. Weve been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes, Inc. Magazine, & the San Francisco Business Times. Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to HomeLight's goals & core values, which is a crucial element to our shared success.
What You Will Do Here:
HomeLight is looking for a Transaction Manager to oversee our Trade-In & Cash Offer real estate transactions. You will be managing single-family home purchase & resale transactions from open escrow through diligence review & closing documentation. In addition, you will be managing a team to provide excellent customer service to external buyers & sellers. The role requires a close working relationship with external customers & broker/agent professionals, internal & external title/ escrow & mortgage teams, & internal investments, treasury, legal, utilities, compliance, HOA, insurance, & renovations teams. You are expected to possess superior organizational & management skills in order to execute a consistent, seamless experience for home sellers & purchasers.
- Manage & coordinate all aspects of our buy-side real estate transactions
- Manage & build out a quickly growing team of Transaction Coordinators & Specialists
- Ensure timeliness for all of our purchases & that we never miss a closing date due to internal process
- Create quality control processes & ensure regulatory compliance for documentation.
- Be comfortable overseeing transactions in multiple states (CA, TX, CO, AZ, FL) & building process & oversight to ensure quality outcomes
- Run an operation that delivers a stellar experience for our agents & clients
- Identify risks to a given transaction & work with counter-parties to eliminate those risks
- Solve with creativity & a sense of urgency any problems that arise
- Oversee, audit, & draft (when needed) agreements, contracts & amendments for transactions
- Oversees the coordination between our internal team, real estate agents, buyers, sellers, title & escrow companies, & lenders to ensure we close in a timely manner
- Monitor & validate disbursement & receipt of funds & fee payments
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written & oral communication skills
- Relentless focus on customer service
- Thrive in fast-paced environments
- Strong process orientation for running an operation
- Proficient with transaction management systems, Google Suite, Docusign, CRM systems
- Previous residential real estate experience required
- Active CA, TX, or CO real estate license
- Escrow or title experience is a plus
- Prior experience at a real estate tech company is a plus
- Prior experience at a high-growth company is a plus