Welcome to Aetion! Since our debut in 2013, we have grown into one of the countrys leading science-driven technology companies using real-world evidence to provide innovative healthcare solutions.
We achieve this with our Aetion Evidence Platform, a software platform used to evaluate the safety, effectiveness & value of medications, delivering better outcomes to patients, medical professionals & clients. Weve partnered with top biopharma companies & are backed by leading venture capital firms to help further expand our research & product line.
To continue our mission to transform healthcare, were assembling a team of talented individuals who know how to work collaboratively & authentically, to innovate & think transformation, not status quo.
If thats you, wed love to hear from you.
The Director of Business Operations (DBO) for the SVP of Scientific Engagement & Delivery (SED) must be a high energy, confident self-starter with exceptional emotional intelligence & excellent project management skills. The DBO will work hand-in-hand with the SVP to drive leadership, communication, & culture building efforts for this growing organization. In addition, the DBO will be responsible for providing day-to-day operational support & coordination of overall business activities & support of broader strategic initiatives. The DBO must provide proactive planning, clarity of objectives, & appropriate briefings. In addition, the DBO role will require appropriate prioritization, organization & coordination of key work processes & responsibilities for group deliverables & outcomes. Most important, the DBO must be confident, comfortable & energized by working in a fast paced, dynamic environment & be up for the challenge of working across a growing, matrixed organization.
The DBO will champion change management & communications across the team & will serve as a trusted advisor to leadership to help deliver Aetions vision & mission.
Delivering Operational Excellence
- Take a leadership role on the formulation & execution of transformation projects that ultimately roll-up to ExCom (KPI development, QBR process, Advisory Boards, Staffing models, etc)
- Prepare reliable, high quality briefings, presentations, talking points, & internal communications as well as effectively convey key messages to critical cross-functional partners & content providers to ensure clarity of scope & objectives.
- Drive day-to-day operations of the SED group to maximize the productivity of the team, including agendas & minutes of LT meetings & group communications.
- Facilitate operations (including managing staffing process & financial updates) to ensure delivery of commitments & advancement of strategic priorities.
- Anticipate, identify, understand, & support the prioritization of issues & opportunities across the group & ensure these are acted upon in a timely & effective manner.
- Manage the execution of critical meetings, events, commitments & communications; ensure input is provided, stakeholders are informed, deadlines & obligations are met, & successful outcomes are achieved.
- Participate in cross-functional strategic planning teams, ensuring communication & full implementation of initiative recommendations.
Driving Organizational Leadership & Culture
- Be a leader among leaders, & help to drive alignment & engagement across leadership team
- Develop & promote culture initiatives to foster an environment that is characterized by leadership, innovation, ownership, functional excellence, collaboration, pride, trust & overall job satisfaction.
- Take a leadership role on the formulation & execution of transformation projects
- At least 10 years of strong multi-discipline experience, with a preference for exposure to pharma and/or HIT/tech
- Bachelors degree required, advanced degree a plus
- Significant experience working directly with senior executives
- Previous leadership, operations, and/or analytics experience required
- Confident, self-starter: Pioneering spirit, takes initiative; eager to challenge status quo; makes informed decisions; & operates successfully in an empowered organization
- Exceptional communicator: Can readily align interpersonal style with the individual needs of their customers, can readily understand, translate & distill the complex into commentary that enables senior managers to fully comprehend key issues at hand.
- Relationship manager: Builds long-term, trusted relationships with individuals from all levels of the organization understanding individual goals & objectives to ensure future alignment
- Extensive collaborator: Manages projects with & through others; shares responsibility & credit; develops self & others through teamwork; helps others take appropriate risks; communicates frequently with other team members earning the respect & trust ofthe team
- Strong project manager: Clearly articulates scope & deliverables of projects; breaks complex initiatives into detailed component parts & sequences actions appropriately; develops action plans & monitors progress independently
- Influential leader: Clearly articulates expectations, capabilities & action plans; actively listens with others frame of reference in mind; readily shares information with team; favorably influences people without direct authority;
- Lead at all levels Aetion is a diverse workforce of scientific thought leaders & technological innovators coming together with a vision to dramatically improve the Healthcare industry. Aetion supports & maintains a presence in organizations such as ISPOR, ISPE, ASHP, & HIMSS
- Located in three cities We have offices located in Midtown Manhattan near Penn Station, Boston's financial district, & Los Angeles. All locations are accessible by various forms of public transportation.
- Social & energetic offices with a modern layout, & a giant kitchen & eating/social area. We have an open floor plan with an abundance of conference rooms, designed for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, & industry meetups & events.
- Great perks We offer competitive salaries, top-of-the-line benefits, company ownership stock options, 4% 401(k) match, & unlimited PTO
- Awards Aetion is the recipient of numerous prestigious awards:
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great & inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit & maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse & culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.