Job Type - Summer Internship
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI & public data to work for our clients, generating relevant & actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, & NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events & emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public & private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, & respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth & innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 & Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for Most Innovative Use of AI from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team & help the world manage risk in real time. Youll work with 600+ talented people across seven offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, & have fun while doing it!
Who you are
You will graduate in 2022 with a BS in Computer Science or related field. Write clean, well-structured code, & are passionate about code quality. Have taken advanced-level CS courses, including in algorithms & data structures. Are familiar with data structures, storage systems & comfortable in a Unix/Linux environment
- Develop technical solutions for our services & pipelines as a member of one of our development teams
- Youll be working on real problems & contributing to products that have a real impact in breaking events worldwide
- Build & ship new features for our customers
Preferred Experience Requirements (2 or more)
- Java, Scala or Python
- Cloud infrastructure
- Front end frameworks like React/Redux, Angular
- Developed RESTful services
- SQL or another query language
- Contributed to an open source project
Why you should work here
We want you to be your best, authentic self & support you with:
- A diverse, driven, & passionate team of coworkers who will help you succeed
- Mentorship & professional development programs
- Competitive compensation package
- Daily catered lunch & a fully stocked kitchen
- And more!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.