About the Role:
We are looking for a Design Researcher & Strategist who is radically inspired by people, gathers great insights, & contributes those insights to a design team creating & shipping new, innovative digital product experiences. This role serves as the champion & voice our user; using this unique perspective to drive consensus between design, engineering & product partners & stakeholders. We are seeking savvy, curious Design Researchers & Strategists to help us vision & build our future technology products.
About our Team:
We believe that great design has the ability to engage & inspire our members & we strive to rethink & redefine how our WeWork members interact with other members, our physical spaces & the broader community team. Our design team is comprised of strategic thinkers & conceptual problem solvers who create new products, services & experiences.
- You will lead design research projects, synthesize insights, translate these findings to catalyze design & strategic decisions, & collaborate with the team to turn those insights into powerful design & vision.
- You will work closely with our product & technology partners to transform research & actionable insights into useable & engaging applications through ideation sessions, design sprints & creative collaboration.
- You will influence the product strategy & roadmap to ensure we are building with human-centered needs in mind
- You will partner across disciplines & business units at WeWork to understand user needs & drive decision-making
- Minimum of 5 years of qualitative research experience culminating in a sound ability to scope a research process, gather insights from secondary research, lead fieldwork, & conduct in-context interviews & observation.
- You are adept at applying research insights to the creation of design solutions
- Experience drawing from a variety of research methodsinterviews, observation, diary studies, prototyping, surveys, user testing, & experimentsat different stages of the design process: to inspire early design work, inform the initial opportunity, collect formative feedback to support iteration, & validate a go-to-market solution.
- Exceptional at communicating & storytelling insights, strategy & early design solutions into artifacts that collaborators savor (journey maps, vision pieces, manifestos, concept illustrations, design principles)
- Experience researching across software, hardware, physical, and/or human interactions
- Ability to work flexibly & efficiently, exercising a balance between research rigor & design scrappiness
- High comfort level with ambiguity; Openness to critique from other disciplines & curiosity to learn from a spectrum of perspectives
WeWork is the platform for creators. We provide beautiful workspace, an inspiring community, & meaningful business services to tens of thousands of members around the world. WeWork members are creators who run the gamut from entrepreneurs, freelancers, & startups, to artists, small businesses & even divisions of large corporations. Beyond providing workspace for our members, we actively look for opportunity to provide services & experiences to foster an engaged & growing community of creators. We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.