Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Manager to join our Compensation team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About this role:
The People team is the linchpin of Oscars values--we bring, we build, we maintain, we strengthen. We are hiring a Compensation Manager to strengthen our compensation & equity programs. You will lead Oscar's equity plan administration.
Here at Oscar we move quickly, iterating on our processes, & driving change through innovation. Were looking for an analytical thinker who can not only develop a strategic vision for our compensation program, but operationalize & promote engagement along the way.
You will report into the Associate Director of Compensation.
During your first six weeks, you will:
- Develop an in-depth understanding of our People team workflows, processes, & our current compensation philosophy & practices.
- Build working relationships with important partners.
- Become familiar with Workday compensation & equity functions.
- Become familiar with Shareworks, our equity management system.
Afterwards & on an ongoing basis, you will:
- Manage equity planning, administration, monitoring & reporting in partnership with Legal & Finance.
- Ensure practices upheld through the analysis of existing policies & procedures
- Ensure that all aspects of plan design & administration remain in compliance with applicable laws.
- Recommend & implement enhancements to Compensation modules in Workday & integration with Shareworks, while maintaining data integrity across all compensation-related platforms.
- Partner with our internal communications team to promote employee engagement regarding equity
- Participate in market-relevant surveys & benchmark best practices to maintain competitive positioning & recommend new plans & revisions that are cost-effective & consistent with compensation trends & corporate goals.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of professional experience in compensation analysis & equity administration, including accounting, tax, & legal implications
- Experience managing projects that span across the organization
- Experience building partnerships with internal & external stakeholders at all levels
- Familiarity with Workday & Shareworks
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.