IAC builds companies. We are guided by curiosity, a questioning of the status quo, & a desire to invent or acquire new products & brands. From the single seed that started as IAC over two decades ago have emerged 11 public companies & generations of exceptional leaders. We will always evolve, but our basic principle of financially-disciplined opportunism will never change. IAC today operates Dotdash Meredith & Care.com, among many others, & also has majority ownership of Angi Inc, which includes HomeAdvisor Powered by Angi & Handy. The company is headquartered in New York City & has business operations & satellite offices worldwide.
Company Benefits & Perks:
- Generous paid time off programs for flexible vacations
- 16 hours of volunteer time off yearly for community service
- Industry-leading 401k plan with 10% dollar-for-dollar company match
- Employer-sponsored medical, dental, & vision insurance
- $5,000 yearly tuition reimbursement for continuing education
- Pre-tax commuter benefits through WageWorks
- A vibrant office building in Chelsea with a well-stocked snack bar
The Opportunity:Title: Specialized Operations Security Manager
Reports to: Senior Manager, Security & Crisis Management
Location: New York, NY
Exemption Status: Exempt
Travel Requirements: up to 20% with the flexibility to increase based on the needs of the business
We are looking for an experienced & highly skilled Specialized Operations Security Manager to help develop & implement the processes, tools, systems, & metrics for crisis response, special events, travel security, & executive protection. This role will provide leadership, strategic vision, tactical execution, & business acumen to help create & maintain the delivery & direction of the enterprise-wide program implementation through cross-functional collaboration & cooperation.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:The Specialized Operations Security Manager will be responsible for planning & directing the crisis management & specialized security programs for IAC & Dotdash Meredith.
In this role, you will develop procedures & directives to achieve strategic business performance objectives. You will organize & supervise the successful operation of security programs for various events sponsored by numerous brands. You will determine proper security staffing for each event, contract with third-party security providers when needed, & manage events from the planning stages through program closeout. In addition, you will monitor & coordinate the security needs for executive business & personal travel, as needed. You will identify threats & issues of concern while developing & implementing appropriate security countermeasures. Crisis Management
Special Event Security
- Assist the Security leadership team in strengthening global crisis planning & program implementation for IAC & Dotdash Meredith
- Help lead efforts during & after a continuity or disruption event & drive post incident review & response actions.
- Champion corporate crisis management awareness through training & exercises.
- Create & update customized executive crisis planning documents.
- Involvement in proactively monitoring security intelligence sources & emergency communication dashboards.
Travel Security Program
- Collaborate with internal & external event teams, venue management & security, & other internal & external key stakeholders to ensure the safety & security of Dotdash Meredith & IAC employees, VIPs, guests, & assets at high-priority external events.
- When appropriate, visit locations to assess safety & transportation routes, locate venues, identify security risks, interface with law enforcement, evaluate hotels, & recommend event & trip plans changes.
- As needed, provide support to other corporate security managers in organizing & executing security protocols for internal events.
- Collaborate with security leadership, Flight Operations & Corporate Travel in structuring an effective & robust travel security program for the various executive teams.
- Organize close protection detail for traveling executives as needed.
- Collect & gather travel guidance from multiple sources to determine potential security risks, threats, & vulnerabilities.
- Make travel recommendations based on analysis compiled through various intelligence tools.
- Work in partnership with Risk Management to oversee the 24/7 Crisis Response Program (extractions, kidnapping, extortion, hostage, medical, war).
- Serve as backup for other security managerial staff.
Qualifications & Requirements:
Any necessary training, licenses, & certifications will be 100% compensated.
- Bachelor's degree in business, criminal justice, public safety, emergency management, or related discipline.
- A minimum of 10+ years of strong Law Enforcement, Corporate Security, or Military experience with increasing responsibility.
- Experience within a wide range of Corporate Security disciplines, including physical security, security operations, executive protection, safety, & crisis response.
- A solid understanding of core physical security risks & threats, & experience in developing effective & measurable programs.
- Experience in a leadership role leading diverse teams, initiatives, or projects to meet business or organization objectives & influence change.
- Ability to develop, brief, implement & instruct others on security requirements & Standard Operating Procedures.
- Must have effective, proven ability in decision making, problem solving, & influencing others.
- Strong interpersonal, customer service, & project management skills.
- Must be adept at interacting with all levels of an organization, from administrative to senior executive staff.
- Ability to present analysis with clarity & professionalism; must be comfortable interacting with senior level management & portraying a strong professional image.
- Independent, self-starter, with a strong work ethic, high degree of motivation & the ability to contribute to a positive team culture, proven dedication to teamwork, leadership, & integrity within a professional environment.
- Excellent planning, coordination, time management, & organization skills.
- Proficient in vendor management including identification, negotiation, procurement, & project management
- Technology oriented; high understanding of security systems including, CCTV, access control & security incident management software.
- Ability to work varying times of the day & night to supervise events & security staff.
- Ability to be discreet & maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Industry related certifications such as CPP, PCI, PSP, or APP a plus.
- Applicant must pass the pre-screening process including a background investigation.
Essential Physical & Mental Functions:
- Read, understand, & clearly speak English; constantly use speech & hearing (correctable to normal level required) in communicating with public/co-workers, giving, & receiving instructions, using phones.
- Stand or walk constantly during events when needed.
- Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties.
- Constant use of both hands & arms in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering while using the phone, notepad, writing reports, & other administrative tasks.
- Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public & co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination.
- Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat.
- Constant mental alertness & attention to detail required while setting priorities & following up on assignments.
- Must be willing to follow the chain of command & established security procedures.
- Must be able to handle the pressure of working with a high-volume general public (ranging from constant to occasional, depending on assignment