Reporting to the VP Finance, the Manager, Finance Transformation will be at the forefront of designing & implementing new business processes, systems & tools to support our domestic operations at scale, as well as our continued international expansion efforts. You will play a critical role as a facilitator between your accounting & finance stakeholders, & the technology teams across IT, engineering & Enterprise Systems in order to define strategic priorities for finance, & in turn design & deploy technology-driven solutions that enable us to scale our financial operations, automate existing processes, & improve data quality across our financial reporting. You will be responsible for driving best practices within our current & future system environment with a GAAP-accounting & financial reporting mindset, & a focus on operational efficiency & internal controls. You will focus on driving improvements in data integrity & automating the month-end close & financial reporting processes within the companys ERP. You will also help to define & roll out newly defined workflows & tools to remediate identified internal control gaps & help the company achieve operating effectiveness of internal controls as part of its SOX program. You are the spokesperson for accounting requirements & considerations in many cross-functional projects across our internal systems, & are responsible for helping to define strategic priorities & communicate requirements on behalf of the finance & accounting team.
This is a newly created role to support a business that is growing in scale & complexity. You will have an opportunity to work cross-functionally & with an experienced & dynamic leadership team who is looking to support your career development.
- Partner with key finance team stakeholders within accounting, FP&A, tax & treasury teams to understand their current & future needs, including reporting & analysis capabilities, to meet ever-changing business requirements & focus on continual development of business systems
- Define & document business requirements for accounting & finance team with respect to new feature enhancements & broader strategic business system programs (e.g RMA)
- Act as finance product owner within accounting & finance scrum team on Enterprise Systems: represent & communicate accounting & finance requirements in technology projects, particularly as it relates to GAAP accounting requirements & SOX compliance requirements.
- Define & document the accounting systems roadmap & product strategy in close collaboration with stakeholders on finance team;
- Translate accounting & finance needs into user stories / business requirements, & work to prioritize backlog items.
- Partner with EIT, Engineering, & Financial System teams to push forward enhancements & prioritize / optimize workflow within various development channels:
- NetSuite Support Team
- Accounting Scrum Team
- Identify data quality gaps / risks & propose solutions to address these gaps, & improve end-to-end data quality in our financial systems.
- Serve as finance lead or SME in various aspects of Pelotons Next Gen ERP implementation across core financial modules (record-to-report, procure-to-pay) & related integrations from other financial systems.
- Develop UAT test cases & assist in performing & validating UAT across projects as finance lead
- Train end users on how to effectively use financial systems features & applications
- 6+ years of related experience in a similar role within accounting & finance or financial systems teams - specific experience spanning both accounting & systems
- BS or higher degree in accounting, finance, computer science, or information technology
- Basic accounting knowledge in general accounting principles, set up of chart of accounts etc. a must, CPA a plus
- Direct ERP implementation experience in capacity as finance business lead and/or SME in an enterprise environment; multiple ERP implementations preferred
- Strong working knowledge & implementation experience with SAP strongly preferred
- Working experience with Multi-Subsidiary & inter-company transactions is mandatory. Exposure to EU is a plus.
- Energetic team player with excellent written communications, verbal communications, & conceptual skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication, problem solving, negotiation, & organizational skills.
- Self-starter / self-motivated, capable of staying on track & pursuing solutions without supervision.
- Comfortable in developing effective relationships with cross functional stakeholders, senior leadership, & scrum teams across the organization.
- Has a flexible approach to change, is able to work effectively in a variety of situations, constantly seeks improvements & is forward looking.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy & benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience & comfort of home. We use technology & design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, & Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, & we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses & retail showrooms in the US, UK & Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 & Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.