The Role: Principal Software Engineer, Storefront Ireland
Job Location: We have a Dublin Office open to hybrid or remote Ireland based candidates only
Rue Gilt Groupe is looking for a Principal Software Engineer to join our expanding Storefront Engineering Team in Dublin, IRE. This person is someone who is inspired to build scalable & sophisticated systems that synthesize data from thousands of brands & millions of consumers, to deliver an engaging real-time experience to users on the go. You enjoy an agile, fast-paced environment that has a start-up feel but is part of something much larger, impactful, collaborative, & exciting.
Theres no better time to be involved in the technical advancement of e-commerce at Rue Gilt Groupe. We utilize world-class technology, merchandising, & marketing to strategically support our brand partners & inspire members daily. Our approach to retail brings excitement to online shopping & the best-in-class experience that today's customers demand. Luxury at affordable prices with cutting edge technology making it all possible.
We're currently modernizing our technical stack & need motivated contributors to drive our technology forward. On the frontend you'll be able to contribute on modern React & Typescript single page applications. On the backend you'll be able to utilize containerization, AWS cloud native architectures & a highly concurrent python-based environment to build services that handle problems at scale among 35+ million users.
- Lead future development & architecture for our consumer facing e-Commerce website.
- Lead the development of an inspiring technology vision & deliver on that vision through incremental value releases.
- Deliver fast user experience for our desktop & mobile web users, utilizing python, backbone Elasticsearch, React, & other technologies.
- As a senior contributor, you will work closely with other software engineers & product managers to deliver rapid value.
- Negotiate with & manage stakeholders across multiple business & technology teams.
- Mentor & coach technical team members.
At Rue Gilt Groupe, diversity enriches our passion, collaboration, kindness & innovation. Were committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every Associate is empowered to learn, grow & bring their full self to work. Even if you don't check off every qualification in the job description, that's okay. We encourage you to apply to any role that excites you & sparks delight! We can't wait to learn more about you.
- Bachelors Degree desired, but not required
- 7+ years of experience in web technologies
- Must have experience in Web technologies like React, Typescript, & Python. Anything else is a bonus!
- Extensive SaaS experience, consumer facing preferred
- A drive to iterate architecture in harmony with an agile workflow
- Experience with modern objected-oriented development, dynamic language preferred
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development team
- A love of learning & teaching
- Fluency in English
- Outstanding interpersonal & communication skills to interact with internal & external stakeholder while working in a collaborative team environment
About the Storefront Engineering Team:
The Storefront Engineering Team at Rue Gilt Groupe has four vertical project teams (Product Catalog, BeMo, Pathfinder, Royale) that work on various workstreams that transform our firms top private sale e-commerce destinations: Rue La La, Gilt, Gilt City, & SIMON Shop Premium Outlets. Rue Gilt Groupe Storefront Engineering Team transforms our user experience & drives $1 Billion annual sales & in delighting 35+ Million members. Rue Gilt Groupe employs leading-edge technologies & specialized experts in product design & development, data analytics, & customer delivery to provide best-in-class experience.
Job Location: Remote, Hybrid, Ireland based candidates only
Important COVID-19 Guidance (for candidates applying to roles in our MA, NY & CA offices): Per Rue Gilt Groupes policy, all associates who will work at our MA, NY or CA offices must be fully-vaccinated & proof of vaccination will be required.
Rue Gilt Groupe is a leading off-price e-commerce portfolio company, connecting the next-generation shopper to world-class brands. Weve defined the online treasure hunt through our daily sale events allowing a large, loyal member base to discover over 5,000 premium & luxury brands at prices up to 70% off full-price retail.
Rue Gilt Groupe operates three complementary sites Rue La La, Gilt, & Shop Premium Outlets.
Our vision at RGG is to spark delight through daily discovery we make shopping an occasion to celebrate. At the forefront of fashion & technology, were also in the business of sparking delight for our Associates. We inspire each other, our Members, & ourselves to push past the expected every day. Our culture is rooted in our values & together we work to demonstrate being Kind, Passionate, Collaborative, Innovative, Tenacious & Empowered.