At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the worlds largest networks that powers more than 10 trillion requests per month. Cloudflare protects & accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance & a decrease in spam & other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer & named to Entrepreneur Magazines Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious & empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves & learning new skills, & we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse & inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential & support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Team
Account Executives (AE), Business Development Representatives (BDR), Solution Engineers (SE), & Customer Success (CS) - all working together to help our customers adopt Cloudflare & create great Internet-enabled experiences.
The sales team at Cloudflare helps customers solve real, technical problems while creating the revenue streams that help the company provide free service to millions in our community.
What youll do
The Expansion Account Manager role is the specialization area of our sales organization that focuses on growing customer wallet share within the Cloudflare customer base by identifying, qualifying, & closing expansion opportunities. Reporting to the Head of Expansion, you will conduct regular business reviews on optimization recommendations & new product offerings. You will work closely with cross-functional teams such as Customer Success & Solutions Engineering to ensure customers are experiencing excellent product outcomes. The ideal candidate will possess both an account management & technical background, to drive engagement with decision-makers & influencers within network & security operations, development & technical infrastructure teams.
- Expansion sales into existing accounts with strong forecast & funnel management process
- Deliver regular outbound campaigns on new product updates, partnering with Customer Success & Solutions Engineering resources
- Conduct data driven conversations to cultivate new product pipeline & upsell opportunities
- Deliver commercial outcomes by running a consistent sales process & setting next step expectations & contract negotiations with customers
- Understand customer use-cases & how they pair with Cloudflares portfolio solutions in order to identify new cross-sale opportunities
- Evaluate core usage trends & articulate value to show Cloudflare impact & provide strategic recommendations during business reviews
- Network across different business units with each of your accounts, & multi-thread to identify & engage new divisional buyers
- Operate internally as a liaison with cross-functional teams to share key customer feedback & insights to improve customer experience & further investments with Cloudflare
Examples of desired skills, knowledge & qualifications
- Bachelor's degree required
- 3-4 years+ managing/growing a portfolio of relationships with enterprise buyers & influencers
- Basic understanding of computer networking & how the internet works
- Curiosity to learn about cloud security & performance industry (understanding of application, server, & network security a plus
- Strong phone presence & interpersonal communication skills (verbal & written)
- Building strong, trusting relationships with customers & internal stakeholders
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, & perform effectively under pressure
- Prior pipeline generation & closing sales experience in strategic selling
- Managing a full sales process from demand to close for install base of customers
- Proven track record of performance (top 10-20% of company) in past sales positions
- Self-motivated, Analytical, & Entrepreneurial spirit with hunter sales capabilities
- Comfortable working in a fast paced dynamic environment
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
Were not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. Were a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free & open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically & artistically important organizations & journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflares enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state & local governments have the highest level of protection & reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information & voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something youd like to be a part of? Wed love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people & place great value in both diversity & inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.