Squarespace is a design-centric product company at heart whose mission is to be the all-in-one platform for anyone who wants to stand out. We are seeking talented product designers to help lead the direction of future releases. You will be challenged in an organization that values vision, execution, & persistence. You will take ownership of our product by solving complex problems in simple, elegant ways.
Product designers at Squarespace are embedded within product teams with product managers & engineers. Our product teams are collaborative, & each member is directly responsible for the teams success.
Were looking for a Product Designer to work on the mobile version of the Squarespace publishing platform, including the editing, styling & publishing of content. Youll improve the current experience, but also working on new features that will define the future of the web. Youll work with members on other teams, including Core CMS, Growth, Template Development, Content Editing & more, building the best publishing platform in the world.
Experience with the challenges of building a mobile online publishing platform, & an understanding of mobile technologies is a plus.
You will report to our Senior Product Design Manager, Presence.
- Create the user experience & detailed execution of a specific area of the product
- Collaborate with product & engineering teams from concept through delivery & beyond
- Think holistically about the user journey & product ecosystem regardless of scope
- Create elegant solutions to complex problems
- Participate in user research & testing, ensuring usability & product consistency
- Collaborate with our Design Systems team to ensure your work integrates into our ecosystem
- Be data-driven & have an interest in improving the experience
- 3+ years of experience
- Well versed in user experience, visual design & prototyping
- Understand information architecture & service design
- Understand how web & mobile native applications work
- Understand iOS & Android specific patterns
- Use a systems approach to design
- Deep passion for our product & the impact that it has in the world
A portfolio of relevant design work is required for consideration. It should illustrate your involvement & how you contributed to solving specific problems.