Innovation, collaboration, & success: at ODX, We Make It Happen. Weve changed the way small businesses access financing. With the spirit of a fintech startup & the stability of a larger organization, the ODX team unites around the goal of leading the future of small business lending technology. Here, everyone has a voice & sharing ideas is celebrated & encouraged. We have a bold & challenging journey ahead, & we cant wait to make it happen together.
Reporting to the Director, Technology & Operations, your best work will result in building strong rapport & trust with our clients vis a vis our technical acumen & compliance with industry & international standards.
As Information Technology (IT) Risk Manager at ODX on the Technology Team, you will:
- Enforce & drive improvements on strategy/employment of access controls, compliance, audit, & penetration testing that supports & enables risk management & standards compliance. Challenges here include identifying where & how we use data; ensuring that preventive/detective/corrective controls are in place & functioning effectively; staying current with regulations & contractual agreements governing the use of data.
- Collaborate closely with teams to understand product design & services provided to our customers/partners, how data is processed & retained, what business processes make use of the data & why, & how the controls provide proper security & compliance. Be a representative for our customers, making sure that customer data is safeguarded & used ethically & responsibly.
- Organize & lead Risk/Privacy/Compliance training across teams, in order to educate & inform employees about our practices & standards, raise the level of cooperation & help people to understand the rationale for the rules.
- Manage internal & external audit & testing programs, reporting risks & areas that need correction to the senior management team & prioritizing compliance work.
- Review & respond to security questionnaires & contract questions from customers on ODX information security policies & practices.
- Regularly review & respond to internal requests regarding RBAC & entitlements.
Qualifications to make it happen:
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- You are familiar with contractual compliance obligations, contractual security, privacy & completing security questionnaires & reviews
- Experience defining & implementing appropriate methodologies for auditing, & IT Risk
- You can speak intelligently about situational awareness, change management, access control, & incident response
- You have demonstrated ability to communicate complex or detailed technical topics to a non-technical business audience, clearly conveying risk assessments, actions needed, & cost implications
- You have a general understanding of privacy & compliance legislation as it is evolving in the US, UK & Europe, including the GDPR
- Experience in working with legal, audit, & compliance staff
- Experience with Vendor Management, & Third-Party Risk Management
- Experience in developing & maintaining policies, procedures, standards, & guidelines
- Experience working with development teams using Agile Methodology & Cloud technologies
- Experience in driving risk-based decisions supporting business owner expectations & needs
- Excellent decision-making, problem solving & organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong knowledge & experience of applicable frameworks & regulatory requirements, e.g. SOC 2, ISO 27001, CSA, PCI-DSS, NIST
- Exceptional written & verbal communication skills; ability to effectively interact with all levels of the organization including senior management
OnDeck is the largest online small business lender in the U.S. Since 2007, weve issued over $12 billion in loans for many business needs including inventory purchase, equipment acquisition, hiring, & general corporate purposes. Serving more than 700 industries throughout the country, OnDeck has been trusted by over 100,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build a growing & thriving enterprise.
ODXs ground-breaking partnership efforts with banks began in 2015 & have subsequently proved that a bank & a financial technology (FinTech) company can work collaboratively to mutual benefit on a digital lending platform. ODX is now offering expanded platform solutions for small business lending to a broad range of banks & financial institutions globally.
Click here for a glimpse inside our offices
At OnDeck, its We Before Me. We support each other & we love seeing people succeed. Thats why we offer a competitive & comprehensive benefit program with a variety of options & opportunities. We offer:
- Flexible Paid Time Off; Paid Sick Days; Paid Holidays; Paid Birthday
- Comprehensive Healthcare (Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance)
- Wellness Subsidy & Mental Health Coaches
- Voluntary Auto/Home/Pet Insurance
- Educational Reimbursement; Flexible Working Arrangements
- 401k Matching, Loan Consolidation, Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Paid Parental Leave & Sabbaticals
- Affinity Groups & Volunteer Events
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Built in NYCs 100 Best Places to Work, 2019
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Crains New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Crains New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
- Denver Business Journal Largest Technology Employers in Denver, 2019
- Denver Business Journal Best Places to Work, 2019
- FinTech Breakthrough Award Best Overall LendTech Company, 2018
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small & Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance & Insurance, 2016
- Fortune.com & Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! Peoples Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Forbes Americas Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Great Place to Work Certification, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Inc. 500|5000, 2013, 2014
- Inc. Hire Power, 2013
- Lending Trees Top Rated Customer Satisfaction, Q1 2018
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- US News & World Report, Best Unsecured Business Loans of 2018 Best for Term Loans
- Washington Post Top Places to Work, 2019
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- TalentDesks Best Large Companies for Computer Science Jobs in Arlington, Virginia: #1, 2019
- TalentDesks Best Companies for Customer Service Jobs in Denver, Colorado: #1, 2019
- TalentDesks Best Companies for Quality Assurance Jobs in Denver, Colorado: #1, 2019
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive & diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms & conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation & training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDecks employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to & including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**