Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Consulting & Analytics (VCA) drives tangible, impactful & financial results for Visa's clients, including card issuers, acquirers, & merchants. Drawing on our expertise in strategy consulting, data analytics, brand management, marketing, operational & macroeconomics, VCA solves the most strategic problems for our clients.
The VCA team within Australia provides a comprehensive range of consulting services & solutions to our clients in Australia, that address unique challenges in areas such as strategic growth, profitability, risk management & digital strategy.
We are currently looking for a Director to lead consulting engagements for our clients in Melbourne, enabling portfolio growth & improved profitability across their payment businesses.
Typically, 2-4 months in duration & running in parallel, potential projects could include portfolio management diagnostics, assessments of digital product & marketing strategies, product design & launch, development of industry landscape evaluations to inform payments strategies, & optimisation of client customer experience & supporting processes.
The Director will be responsible for leading client engagements. Typically, this will involve the Director interacting with the client team & internal staff, gathering & managing project inputs, analysing data to form conclusions & recommendations, developing & presenting compelling project reports & working with clients on executing recommendations. The full range of responsibilities are detailed below:
On a project-by-project basis:
- Prepare client project proposals, clarifying objectives, scope, deliverables, approach, dependencies, roles & responsibilities; draw input from client, local client relationship managers & functional teams
- Oversee project setup including contracting documentation, stakeholder engagement, interview guides & client data requirements
- Develop fact base by undertaking client interviewing, collecting & analyzing inputs such as client data, process flows, policies, competitive, industry & environmental information
- Analyze Visa & client data to conduct benchmarking, identify performance gaps & improvement opportunities
- Collaborate with data science team members to leverage advanced data analytics capabilities
- Manage execution of one or more project engagements, building client relationships, utilizing governance frameworks & mitigating / resolving complex problems that emerge
- Identify solutions & recommendations that address client objectives & result in performance improvement; leverage relevant VCA methodologies, frameworks & global best practices
- Design & deliver compelling presentations to illustrate findings, ideas, recommendations within consulting engagements & more broadly; at times physically support implementation at the client site
- Identify & surface opportunities for client projects & submit for inclusion into account plans
- Create, develop & maintain models, contribute to IP creation & standardized VCA offerings
- Continuously build knowledge, surface new insights & produce thought leadership pieces that contribute to practice development & global best practice
Having already accumulated a variety of experience, you will be curious about the payments industry & keen to work alongside an experienced team in gaining a deeper understanding. You will be client driven, comfortable managing a project end to end & relishing the opportunity to work closely with clients to influence their future performance.
Specific skills & experience you will bring are:
- Deep experience in consulting, corporate strategy, or business management
- Deep experience in managing complex projects
- Superior analytical & problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual & analytical rigor
- Strong team orientation with a collaborative, diplomatic, & flexible style; able to work effectively in a matrixed organization
- Excellent detail orientation, ensuring the highest level of quality/rigor in reports & data analysis
- Excellent presentation skills, including strong oral & written capabilities
- Self-motivated, results-oriented individual with the ability to progress multiple priorities concurrently
- Experience in & passion for the power of analytics to inform & drive strategy & tactics, & proven ability to generate insights from data
- Strong commercial acumen, with experience in working on business/value cases that prove ROI
In addition, you will ideally bring the following:
- Experience in payments or retail banking industry
- Experience in customer experience design (using human centered design / design thinking)
At Visa, your individuality fits right in & we embrace inclusion & diversity of thought. We are committed to creating the kind of workplace where you want to be & we can facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements for you.