THIS IS BLUE APRON
Chefs around the world wear blue aprons when learning to cook, & for us it has become a symbol of lifelong learning. Our highly motivated group of food enthusiasts are inspired to work on complex business problems with creativity & passion always looking to learn something new. We take preparation seriously, embrace a spirit of excellence, & put in the extra effort in everything we do. We are thrilled to be part of our customers lives, cooking & creating experiences in their home kitchens.
WHO'S IN THE KITCHEN
Blue Apron is hiring a bright, motivated Logistics Specialist to join our Logistics Operations team. As the newest member of the team, you'll coordinate our outbound shipments & help keep our operations running. Youll support both our production facilities & a variety of cross-functional teams at our HQ. A typical day will require multi-tasking & finding creative solutions to ensure all customers receive their product fresh & on-time.
WHAT'S ON THE MENU
- Own all coordination & communication processes regarding outbound Blue Apron shipments to customers
- Troubleshoot issues by exploring contingencies & executing solutions
- Develop relationships across Blue Apron fulfillment centers, internal stakeholders, & third-party vendors to uncover opportunities & drive improvements
- Optimize truck utilization by analyzing historical data & improving forecasting models
- Maintain & improve shipment monitoring processes
- Work with the Logistics Operations Analysts to leverage data & provide inputs for reporting tools
- 1-2 years of work experience in supply chain or related field
- Superior analytical, communication, & organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task & work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office & Google Apps
- Familiarity with SQL and/or Tableau (a plus, but not required)
- Interest in food & technology
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Satisfactory drug & background screening following condition offer
- Eligible to work in the U.S
- Overtime weekend & holiday work, as required
Blue Apron provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Blue Apron complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms & conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation & training.