ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands & products all built with one goal in mind to give fans new & innovative ways to interact with their favorite games, sports, teams, & leagues. Thats no easy task, which is why were so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means well never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance & paid leave policies, were committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
FanDuel Group is based in New York, with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon & Scotland. Our brands include:
- FanDuel A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook Americas #1 sports betting app
- TVG The best-in-class horse racing TV/media network & betting platform
- FanDuel Racing A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet A world-class betting platform & affiliate of FanDuel Group
- PokerStars The premier online poker product & affiliate of FanDuel Group
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
FanDuel Group is looking to add to its legal team reporting to the Chief Risk & Compliance Officer a Director of Data Protection to design & implement FanDuels data protection & privacy strategy, governance & overall program in coordination with FanDuels parent companys data protection & privacy program to ensure compliance with all applicable data protection & privacy laws. The Director will need to understand the role of Data Protection in a U.S. based start-up environment as well as in a mature highly-regulated environment with an international corporate parent structure governed by European Privacy Laws & Regulations. Further, the Director should be experienced in the change management nuances of building a Data Protection program from the ground up. The Director will need to possess sophisticated Data Privacy & Protection knowledge & experience to serve as the companys expert in all related areas. Finally, the Director will partner closely with the VP of Cyber Security to enable the seamless integration of the Data Protection program with the information security strategy.
This position will be responsible for executing data protection & privacy communications & education, strategy, framework, effective monitoring & testing & all relevant policies & procedures. The ideal candidates for this job has extensive data protection/privacy experience in a mature & highly regulated organization, & ideally, has engaged in building a successful data protection program from the ground up. Experience working for an internet, technology and/or media company, or with such companies, is a plus. That said, superior analytical, strategic, communication, interpersonal & writing skills are of paramount importance, as is a strong work ethic, commitment to being a team player, & an aptitude to learn quickly the nuances of the internet, technology & media businesses.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Develop & implement data protection & privacy policies, procedures & processes for FanDuel as well as any relevant policies, procedures & processes relating to FanDuels engagement with its international Flutter Group counterparts.
- Design & implement communication strategy including training & awareness on data protection & privacy for FanDuel with alignment where appropriate with the Flutter Group coms, training & awareness strategy.
- Develop & implement a monitoring & testing strategy for the monitoring of compliance with the FanDuel Data Protection program as well as, where appropriate, Flutter Groups Data Protection program.
- Design metrics & reporting on FanDuel compliance with all relevant data protection & privacy laws, regulations, policies & procedures & report, where appropriate, to management & the Board.
- Partner with Flutter Group Data Protection to enable the effective & efficient operation of the Flutter Groups data protection framework with appropriate reporting to Flutter management.
- Provide regular reporting to business on data protection & privacy matters as well as effectiveness of compliance framework.
- Response to internal & external inquiries regarding data protection investigations & practices & act as a point of contact with relevant Data Protection authorities.
- Maintain & keep up-to-date expert knowledge of data protection laws, regulations, legislative movement & practices. Maintain managements awareness of upcoming changes & design & implement appropriate processes to adjust to such changes.
- Review key business iniativies & changes to assess & address potential data protection impacts.
- Review emerging technologies & potential process improvements to improve data protection capabilities.
- Engage with all levels of the company to assist in creating a data protection & privacy culture with appropriate focus on documentation, controls & measurement.
- Prepare Board & senior management communications relating to data protection & privacy strategy, risks, mitigations, breaches & response.
- Build strong professional relationships with leadership.
- Liaise with external advisors as required.
What we're looking fr in our next teammate
- Once hired, the Director Data Protection may be required to obtain licenses from various jurisdictions.
- Minimum 5 years of total data privacy experience, at least one role designing & building out an effective data privacy program.
- Experience with an internet/technology company a strong plus.
- Advanced degree such as a J.D. a plus.
- A strong aptitude for policy, process, procedure, analytics & reporting.
- Passion to work hard in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- An exceptional team builder & team player.
- A self-starter with creative ideas & energy to follow-through & own the outcome.
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting & fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship & professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs & platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity & inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect & value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.