Optoro is a fast-growing technology company that is revolutionizing the retail industry. Every year, more than 15% of retail goods are returned or simply never sell. This creates tons of unnecessary waste & costs retailers billions.
Our mission is to make retail more sustainable by eliminating all waste from returns.Our technology platform connects every returned item to its best home, thereby increasing profitability for retailers, giving consumers great deals, & reducing environmental waste.
Backed by some of the top investors in the country - including Kleiner Perkins, Revolution Growth, & UPS - Optoro is powered by its collaborative, unconventional, & resourceful employees who love solving big problems. We are looking for individuals with similar creativity & energy to help build a lasting company focused on the triple bottom line.
We are looking to add a Director, Sales to our growing team to help capitalize on the rapidly rising demand of our enterprise software solution. Reporting directly to the VP of Sales, the Director will be responsible for prospect evaluation, coverage & development across a portfolio of net new enterprise accounts. We are looking a hunter with an entrepreneurial approach to solving business issues as well as a strong background in selling solution based software in consumer electronic brands, e-commerce or supply chain industries.
Located in Washington, D.C., the Director, Sales will be given quotas & new client acquisition targets, & will be a part of a team supporting lead generation & deal closing efforts for large consumer electronic brands. The successful candidate will be motivated by a passion for our clients success, achieving quota goals & driving large enterprise software & service deals.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work creatively with the greater client development team to identify, cultivate, pursue, negotiate & close new opportunities within a given account portfolio
- Quickly become a product and returns market expert that can hold & maintain C/SVP/VP Level relationships
- Analytical skills to guide business case quantification, creation & delivery to prospective clients
- Achieve assigned territory quota for signings & revenue plans
- Research territory & assigned accounts to identify market opportunities & buying trends
- Develop & maintain relationships with appropriate key target client executives to identify needs, educate, & influence solution strategy
- Properly qualify accounts to maximize an efficient sales cycle
- Develop win plans & strategies for key opportunities
- Develop & deliver custom sales presentations & demonstrations that influence strategy
- Work with the greater business development team to pull strategic accounts forward
- Choreograph & conduct on-site assessments of customer requirements & needs
- Energetic & high dependable with solid organizational skills
- Accurately forecast & maintain accurate records in SFDC
- Bachelors degree required
- Required Location: Washington DC, Metro
- 5+ years of enterprise solution sales experience, preferably within consumer electronics, ecommerce, or supply chain industries along with consistent record of successful achievement of $1M+ quotas in green field accounts
- Proven client relationship management experience, including experience building pipeline & the ability to close transactions with prominent business executives at all levels
- A track record of success in solution selling, contracting, & delivering complex, multi-year, multi-product client engagements
- Ability to work collaboratively & independently in a highly matrixed environment
- An entrepreneurial mindset & practice
- Willingness to travel up to 50% annually
Optoro is an equal opportunity employer.