Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education & employment. Almost a decade later, we are a rapidly growing, diverse team of 100+ headquartered in SoHo, NYC. Weve raised over $40m in venture capital funding from top investors including Union Square Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Y Combinator, & more.
If you want to help build a business that impacts tens of millions of people each year & helps them lead better lives, join us!
Codecademy's People Operations (POps) team is a collaborative & supportive team dedicated to creating the best experience for our employees. Were seeking an Office Manager to be a face of Codecademys employee experience: culture, morale, safety, & well-being. Our ideal candidate has a passion for culture building, & is eager to support the team around them. This role is incredibly visible. Our office manager will own the day-to-day office operations for a growing company & will be the go-to person for employees, vendors & service providers. The ideal candidate is welcoming, friendly, full of positive energy, & excited to scale responsibilities as the team grows.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Return to Office
- Support the planning & execution of returning to the office by implementing new COVID policies & SOPs, emphasizing the health & safety of the office.
- Manage the overall experience & appearance of the office & ensure it runs seamlessly
- Ensure the lights are on, coffee is brewed & conference rooms are clean & ready to go for the day
- Manage all office ordering of supplies & food & ensure the kitchen is stocked each day
- Partner with Building Management to address facilities issues as needed
- Support employee engagement & wellness events
- Propose, plan, & coordinate office activities & events
- Manage employee recognition & gifting programs
People Ops Support
- Assist with onboarding new hires as our team grows substantially
- Be an advocate for our company culture
- Work on ad hoc projects that relate to Office improvements & employee engagement
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 3+ years of relevant experience as an Office Manager or related administrative role
- Well organized & very strong attention to detail
- Outstanding written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to lift minimum 30 pounds
- Proactive mindset, enabling you to recognize the needs of the office & employees prior to requests
- Experience managing office G&A budgets & the associated expenses
- Experience planning & coordinating large-scale team events
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU STAND OUT
- Prior start-up experience