Company Description|Job Description
We believe conquering cancer is a big data problem. That's why we built the world's leading comprehensive liquid biopsy. This non-invasive tool for accessing & sequencing tumor DNA is used by thousands of oncologists to help tens of thousands of advanced cancer patients. We believe the boom in cancer data acquisition we helped launch will drive important discoveries & new products. We're working on some exciting ones, including in early detection, where the impact on patients can be profound. We've raised more than $500 million from investors including Sequoia Capital, Khosla Ventures, OrbiMed, & SoftBank.
Testing is a vital component of software & algorithm development & software quality assurance experts with a background in bioinformatics are in short supply. As part of the Guardant Health Bioinformatics Software Test team, the Bioinformatics Software Test Intern will work closely with the developers to learn, hands-on, how to validate clinical software created by Bioinformatics team to detect cancer using liquid biopsy & support clinical operations. He/She will be responsible for validating these tools & driving the overall quality of these products. At the end of the internship, the intern will have credible experience validating the performance of clinical software in different regulatory environments.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with end users to lead the development of validation protocols.
- Work with end users to collect data to support protocol requirements, analyze data collected & create validation reports.
- Create & execute unit tests to verify functionality.
- Create & execute manual/automated tests.
- Troubleshoot, log & resolve software defects.
- Contribute to software design reviews & code reviews.
- Learn & have fun!
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate, master's or PhD program, ideally in Computer Sciences, Bioinformatics, Mathematics, Statistics or Engineering
- Coding experience in Python
- Knowledge of linux/Unix Environments.
- Knowledge of postgres and/or MySQL.
- Software Development or testing experience preferred.
- Ability to work independently, as well as to collaborate with a team to accomplish goals
- Strong communications & interpersonal skills.
At the end of the internship, the intern is expected to have completed the validation of a clinical software tool & present the results of the their work at the Bioinformatics departmental meeting.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.