As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations & influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, & print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives & entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential & respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street & Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, & Vox Media Studios produces & distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform & Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators & marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies in Media, an Company of the Year, Digidays Best Company for Parents, & one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
Vulture is looking for a Recommendations Editor who will:
Manage our streaming lists operation
- Assign, organize, & build our weekly & monthly New on / Leaving Streaming Posts
- Incorporate streaming service sign-up call-out text as warranted
- Monitor new services to determine what level of coverage they merit, & if/when they should be added to the rotation
- Create a strategy for distribution of these lists
Maintain the What to Stream hub
- Oversee plan to iterate the hub into a guide to streaming services as well as regularly-updated list of what to watch on each of them
- Add necessary links out from services, whether to sign-up pages, recommended show pages, or relevant Vulture articles
- Make determinations about which platforms should be added
- Work with social on promotional strategy
Apply best practices for SEO, ecomm & sign-up links across all Vulture articles
- Ensure all articles (especially lists) include links to sign-up pages for relevant services & / or include promotional modules or sign-up call-out text as warranted
- Ensure all lists link to relevant Vulture articles (reviews, related guides or coverage)
- Monitor for & add product buttons in applicable articles (books posts, for example)
- Help Vulture establish hub pages & other strong SEO drivers around areas of high search interest
Identify new opportunities for lists & guides, then produce them
- Work with our engagement editor to generate ideas for lists that will help readers find great entertainment, or that enable them to better understand & use the many streaming services we cover
- Help find writers for those lists & guide, or do it yourself
- Build the posts & add all necessary links
Optimize our archive
- Regularly browse for, discover, & update old stories from the Vulture (and NYMag) archive that could be newly relevant
- This includes updating text & images as well as backend elements such as metadata, seo, URLs, & tags, plus adding new links
Contribute to Vultures editorial plan
- Brainstorm new & creative ways of covering/recommending streaming content, including TV, movies, music, & podcasts
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefitsincluding flexible hours & generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.