The Frontend team at Squarespace is responsible for building one of the most advanced interfaces on the web. With it, our customers are able to easily create beautiful interactive websites & stores. If you are a Frontend Engineer who strives to push the envelope with what is possible in a web browser, we want to hear from you!
Design Platform is part of the Interface Platform group, which enables our product engineers to deliver beautiful, durable, performant, & accessible experiences to our users. Their tools & components are critical to Squarespaces current & future feature roadmap. This position will report to the Design Platform Engineering Manager in our New York City headquarters.
At this time, all Squarespace employees are working remotely until June 2021. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 to determine if & when it is safe to return to our offices
- Design & build new features into the Squarespace design system
- Collaborate with other engineers & designers to deliver strong customer-focused experiences
- Keep our product up to date with the latest frontend technologies such as React & Typescript
- Practice disciplined software engineering (e.g. automated testing, code reviews, & writing beautiful, pragmatic code)
- Actively contribute to team & company standards
- Have solid knowledge of the DOM, HTML & CSS3
- Have experience with React and/or React Native
- Keep up to date with the newest technologies
- Develop features & create fulfilling user experiences
- A strong understanding of, & practical experience with, web application development
- A sincere commitment to crafting readable & reliable code
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related or equivalent industry experience
- 3+ years of industry experience
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.