Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about understanding developer needs & simply showing them how DigitalOcean can help.
We are looking for a talented & results oriented self-starter to work cross functionally with the product, success, & community teams to clearly & simply communicate the benefits of DigitalOcean compute & kubernetes products to developers. You will own & drive the overall plans around go-to-market, messaging, positioning, sales enablement & strategic partnerships working jointly with product management & the rest of marketing.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Connect market & customer data to draw insights to effectively market our compute & kubernetes products
- Inform product design with your knowledge of the market opportunities & competitive landscape for cloud compute products & services
- As we expand our compute & kubernetes products & addressable market:
- Develop product positioning & messaging
- Develop a comprehensive product marketing strategy for our compute product portfolio
- Plan & manage execution of multi-channel campaigns for product & feature launches
- Develop product-specific content to drive revenue growth including solutions marketing, online workshops, blogs, customer stories (video & written), & presentations
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure growth in awareness, adoption/usage & revenue is delivered to meet & beat the compute goals
- Direct interaction with the DigitalOcean leadership team
What Well Expect From You:
- Track record of success in marketing to developers, startups, & digital businesses in a product marketing or product management role
- Demonstrated ability to influence up & cross-functionally
- Well equipped to balance quantitative evidence & qualitative factors to quickly test & learn, but with ability to make decisions with uncertainty or imperfect data
- Strong advocate of the customers point of view & requirements
- Demonstrated team leadership, organizational & collaborative communication skills
- Startup experience strongly preferred; entrepreneurial spirit a must
- Strong track record in thriving in a highly energetic, fast moving environment
- Experience in the infrastructure, cloud services, & development is a major plus
- Managed GTM activities for at least two launches of products designed for developers or businesses
- Experience talking with developers in their own language
- Experience developing business & technical product positioning for multiple personas
- Experience marketing developer-focused products, such as PaaS, IaaS, developer tools or platforms
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a business field with courses or demonstrated knowledge of a technical field, such as computer science, engineering or mathematics.MBA is a plus.
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other & take our no jerks rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to & from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles & reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC & Cambridge, & offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. Were also very remote-friendlywe use Slack to communicate across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our office to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.