Smartling is looking for a creative & passionate Senior Front End Engineer to work on our suite of cutting-edge, highly interactive, service driven backend applications. Candidates should be as excited as we are about learning, discussing & using the latest techniques in web development to create highly scalable, performant services used by thousands of people every day.
You will be joining an existing team building & maintaining a cutting-edge translation management application which allows our clients & professional translators to manage the localization process for their websites & documents in an agile fashion. Our rapidly growing client list includes top names from the technology & Fortune 500 worlds.
Our Engineering team approach
- TDD - Test Driven Development.
- Continuous Deployment - multiple times daily.
- SOA - Service Oriented Architecture & APIs.
- Full test automation - we have no QA team.
- DevOps is not a team, it is a culture.
Tasks at hand
- Develop new single page applications using React + Redux, Node.js, & ES2017.
- Develop components within a highly scalable component architecture.
- Peer code reviews.
- Design & implement functional tests.
- Collaborate with product & backend service teams.
- Strong knowledge of React + Redux.
- Software Design knowledge: MicroServices, Design Patterns, Functional Programming.
- SPA Design (Single Page Application).
- WebPack (or Rollup) & transpiling Babel.
- Experience with Node (Express, Koa) & NPM (especially server).
- CSS pre-processors (Less, Sass, CSS Next).
Nice To Have
- Open Source projects.
- Isomorphic applications.
- Experience with AWS & infrastructure.
- GraphQL, WebSockets (beyond REST).
- Monorepos (Lerna).
- Creative /Innovative. Demonstrate inventiveness & the ability to find information or solutions needed for assignments.
- Autonomous /Self-started. Work well & achieve results with little or no supervision.
- Problem Solver. Provide workable solutions or consults with secondary resources to devise solutions.
- Adaptable. Maintain focus & positive attitude amidst change or under pressure.
- Prompt. Consistently punctual & dependable.
What matters to Smartling?
To help our clients grow their businesses & to help you grow as an individual both professionally & personally.
- Competitive salary & Employee Stock purchase plan.
- An opportunity to learn & advance your career.
- An energetic, value-driven, & fun culture & team spirit.
- Take a break when you need it Flexible PTO.
- Company paid medical/dental/vision/life insurance.
- Commuter Benefits.
- Convenient office in the middle of Manhattan- just blocks from Penn Station & Grand Central.
- Team outings (Baseball games, happy hours, etc.)
Smartling is an equal opportunity employer. No third party recruiters.