Like most guys, we just want getting dressed to be easy. But somewhere along the way things got complicated. Nothing seemed to fit quite right, quality was lacking & shopping was a painful exercise of trial & error. There were somehow way too many options, or none. And whenever we did find something we liked, we knew it would be a little different the next time we looked. So we decided to fix that.
We started with underwear & socks, things that could make you more comfortable every single day. Since then, weve gone on to reinvent other essentials that didnt meet our standards for comfort, performance, quality, or design. If you only need one version of it, we only make the best possible versionand once we get it right, we dont change a thing.
Were looking for a Junior Copywriter whos eager to make an impact on our fast-growing brand. Our ideal candidate is a whip-smart, highly adaptable writer who can pick up on brand voice in a heartbeat & write snappy copy quickly. This role reports to the Senior Copywriter on our Brand Marketing team, presenting a unique opportunity to own & evolve the voice of a digitally native, direct-to-consumer brand.
WHAT YOULL DO
- Concepting: Work closely with the Senior Copywriter & Design to develop & execute creative concepts for campaigns.
- Copywriting: Write copy for emails, landing pages, product pages, digital ads, direct mail, & other retention & acquisition marketing assets, often with competing deadlines.
- Copyediting: Edit copy to incorporate feedback from Brand & Performance Marketing.
- Proofreading: Proofread copy before handoff to Design, Development, and/or print production.
- Stewarding Brand Voice: Consistently enforce the brand voice across all written media, helping to evolve it along the way.
- Content Production: Contribute to social media, the blog, & any other content channels as needed.
- Process Iteration: Work closely with the Senior Copywriter to continually streamline process, update best practices, etc.
WHAT WILL SET YOU UP FOR SUCCESS
- Bachelors Degree in English, Creative Writing, Communications, Marketing, or Advertising
- Some copywriting experience, preferably at a brand
- Strong command of grammar, usage, & mechanics
- Ability to adapt copy for different audiences & touchpoints
- Demonstrated passion & proclivity for storytelling
- Exceptional organizational & multitasking skills
- Ability to work independently & as part of a team, with all levels of the organization, in a fast-paced & ever-changing environment
- Strong interest in retail/fashion & the digital, direct-to-consumer space
WHAT MAKES US SPECIAL
- We give a shit! - We care. Were slightly obsessive. We sweat every detail. We fight for what we think is best for Mack Weldon & our customers.
- We put our money where our mouth is - We own our words. We own our actions. We own our mistakes.
- We solve problems - You wont find us waiting around for someone else to fix a problem, if we can get our hands on it first.
- We wont sacrifice the future for a quick win - We wait for the second marshmallow.
- Its all about the people! - Relationships over transactions.
- Full insurance benefits
- Open vacation policy
- Great location in the heart of Nomad district
- Office snacks & drinks
- Thursday happy hours
- Free Mack Weldon gear