At Poppin, we believe that everyone, everywhere deserves to work happy.
We provide companies the foundation for creating inspirational workspaces through a unique offering of furniture, office supplies, & branded merchandise. Weve put a modern spin on a 100 year-old industry thats been slow to adapt to todays modern consumer. By simplifying the process, providing transparent pricing & discounts, & making our products available on demand, Poppin is able to offer a service unlike any other in the marketplace.
Were seeking a passionate Photographer + Retoucher to join our talented in-house creative team. This position is responsible for shooting both product & lifestyle photography, & ensuring all imagery is retouched, organized (on our Data Asset Management platform), & up to brand standards.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, obsessed with creating incredible photography that tells the brand story. Whether its shooting a single product in a studio or bringing our Work Happy mantra to life in a wide ranging brand campaign, the position requires a start-up attitude with a willingness to do what it takes to get the shot.
- Shoot & process Poppin's product & lifestyle photography to create on-brand images for multiple media platforms
- Organize & execute on-location & in-house studio photography shoots under the direction of the Creative Director & Sr. Graphic Designer
- Work in partnership with the marketing, e-commerce, product design, & sales teams to develop & execute creative digital imagery concepts for online, print, & in-store collateral
- Maintain & organize the creative Digital Asset Management system with proper keywords & optimized categorization
- Ensure all existing & new images are properly named, optimized, & saved to production specifications
- Source additional crew & off-site studios on an as-needed basis
- When necessary to shoot in a studio or on location, coordinate all production logistics including booking talent, crews, issuing call sheets, location scouting, etc.
- Maintain equipment & upkeep of the in-house photo studio & product samples
- Maintain photography standards & guarantee consistency
- Work closely with the creative team to concept product & content photography
- Meet deadlines in a fast-pace environment
- Ensure a high level of consistent technical quality & aesthetics for all photography
- Utilize resourcefulness & creativity to represent the brand through photography + digital renderings
- Ability to visualize & create 3D product renderings for use in sales materials, web discovery, & additional creative marketing needs if needed
- 5+ years experience with shooting & managing production
- 5+ years experience retouching product & lifestyle imagery in a brand environment
- Strong understanding of commercial lighting equipment & techniques
- Experience managing a crew on an active production set
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop, Bridge, Lightroom, Capture One Pro, & Mac OSX
- Knowledge of 3D rendering or interest in learning it is highly desirable, but not required
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Ability to think logically, be resourceful, & problem-solve creatively
- Ability to interact, integrate, & collaborate with all departments
- Ability to prioritize, organize, & stay on-track in a fast-paced environment with a strong sense of urgency
- A positive, enthusiastic, & energetic demeanor to foster an upbeat working environment
- The flexibility to work scrappy, with an entrepreneurial drive & ability to act as a strong team player
- Ability to successfully manage expectations among multiple stakeholders, set & meet deadlines, & follow every project through to its successful completion
Successful Poppin team members step up to the plate & work to get smarter every single day. Our startup ethos requires an all-hands-on-deck attitude (or, as we call it, work scrappy), taking on any & all changes with excitement & a great attitude.
We believe that working happy starts with embracing differences & that self-expression shouldnt end at the office. To that end, every Poppin employee is encouraged to be themselves & create fun every day. While we align our company goals on the changing needs of our employees, business, & larger communities, we remain consistently committed to creating an environment rooted in diversity, equity, & inclusion for all Poppin employees, partners, & customers.
Poppin believes in building an organization whose staff reflects the true diversity of our community. We are committed to hiring, promoting, & rewarding our employees on the basis of professional performance & results. Poppin provides equal employment opportunities to all employees & applicants in all company facilities without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, partnership status, ancestry, disability, or veteran status.