Who we are
DoubleVerify brings transparency into the world of ad technology: we help content creators, publishers
and advertisers to build a better ad industry: we validate that ads are viewable, protect the brands of
the advertisers by understanding the context their ads are shown in, & protect them from fraud. This
transparency builds trust & is the key to a viable online ecosystem of high quality content, supported
by ad income, accessible to everyone.
As part of the team in San Diego, you will focus on our Publisher product, which provides publishers with measurements, insights & analytical tools, exposed through a SaaS web application. This enables our customers to understand & optimize the digital ads on their sites, which supports the articles, videos, & other content they create.
You join the Publisher Data Platform team, leading a team of motivated engineers & collaborating with a group of product & engineering teams across the US & Europe. The Data Platform team builds advanced, large scale data systems that are integrated by other teams into customer-facing products.
- Work with stakeholders across different global offices to understand their requirements, help evolve the vision for the data platform.
- Translate this vision into technical solutions that meet high quality, stability, & performance standards.
- Manage & lead a team of talented engineers to build & deliver these technical solutions while
meeting those standards.
- Support your teams career growth, hold 1-on-1s, set goals & conduct performance reviews.
- Work with the Director & VP to grow the team, conduct interviews, & hire.
- Work with QA & Prod Ops engineers to ensure high quality & monitoring requirements for a high availability, highly scalable system.
Who you are
- You have at least 5 years of experience as a software engineer and/or team lead.
- You have experience with complex data systems, data pipelines & cloud environments.
- You are based in the US. Either in San Diego, or open to travel occasionally to San Diego (where most of the team is located) to work directly with the team.
- You have excellent verbal & written communication skills - ability to effectively communicate with technical & non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization.
- You hold a BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience.
- Experience in Java, Spring, SQL, Kubernetes, Google Cloud, & BigQuery are a plus.