Since the digitization of the grocery & meal delivery industry, HelloFresh has been at the forefront of revolutionizing the way we eat by making it more convenient & exciting to whip up mouthwatering meals from home! With over 500% growth since our inception in 2011, were now the fastest growing company in Europe & the biggest European startup in the US - active & growing in 9 different countries across 3 continents. Come see whats cookin at HelloFresh!
Due to growth, HelloFresh is looking to add a Safety Coordinator to join our team! As Safety Coordinator, you will join forces with the site EHS team to head up workplace safety initiatives for our distribution centers! You will be on the front lines of production & immerse yourself in the trenches to promote HelloFreshs vision, inspire change, raise the bar on safety performance, & champion a culture of safety!
- Assisting EHS site teams as a visual presence on the production floor & identify safety risks
- Assist in implementing & sustaining EHS policies
- Assist EHS site teams with accident root cause procedures & reporting
- Assisting EHS site teams as a visual presence on the production floor
- Identify safety risks present on the floor to be fixed or addressed
- Complete EHS related audits & after-action responses to the identified gaps
- Coordinator other associates on the floor with ergonomics, safety, & other related issues
- Identify employees violating safety rules & coordinator them on a safer way
- Act as an on-site first responder who can provide basic first aid to injured persons
- Ensure contractors & visitors follow HelloFresh safety policies during their time on-site
- Assist with the site emergency action plan & liaison with local first responders when needed
- Promotes good housekeeping practices & maintains 5S floor organization
- Promote safer forklift operations through training, observation & coordinating operators
- Partner: you effectively listen, build rapport & communicate at all levels; youre confident sharing ideas & are a trusted advisor for workplace safety
- Results-driven: you recognize & resolve situations that are ambiguous or challenging, focus effort on meeting or exceeding goals, & pave the way for efficiency.
- Programmatic: able to identify the system component that is causing the error, as well as the options available for resolving it & completing the task.
- Inspirational: you know how to make an impact & deliver presentations that inspire & influence change
- Versatile: you roll with the punches & dont get overwhelmed easily; you enjoy grinding away at issues & have a knack for driving results in hyper-growth, constantly changing environments
- A desire to achieve greatness & assist a world class EHS teamwork toward our zero-injury goal!
- General Knowledge of occupational safety experience with knowledge of manufacturing/industrial EHS
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Experience helping to improve safety culture
- Superior communication & presentation skills with the ability to influence across all levels of an organization
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) & Google app (Gmail, drive, sheets, etc.)
Outstanding candidates will have.
- Expertise in OSHA compliance, especially with powered industrial trucks & lockout/tagout
- OSHA 30 Hour Certification - General Industry
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.