Associate Director, National Facilities & Maintenance Job Description:
Partnering with the Senior Director of Facilities & Maintenance, the Associate Director of Facilities & Maintenance will oversee Facilities & Maintenance operations nationwide. Striving for utmost safety & operational excellence, you will manage Senior Regional Facilities Maintenance Managers & help transform HelloFresh Maintenance operations into best in class!
- Lead & support national facilities & maintenance operations, as well as assist with all major US capital projects to ensure effective asset management, energy conservation, environmental compliance, & overall facility maintenance.
- Develop training programs for SOPs pertaining to employee safety & operating processes
- Systematically define, design, develop, monitor & refine the preventive, predictive & reliability-centered maintenance processes in pursuit of optimization.
- Reduce & improve maintenance work wherever feasible ensuring efficient & reliable facility operations, processes & equipment while protecting & prolonging the economic life of facility assets at optimal cost.
- Apply value analysis to repair/replace, repair/redesign, & make/buy decisions; manages monthly/yearly budgets to ensure cost controls; implements KPIs to track internal measurements.
- Establish & maintain world class standards for food safety regarding storage & handling within the DCs.
- Establish/maintain a work order system to ensure all work orders & PMs are completed successfully & on a timely basis.
- Support the plans & activities associated with the effective management of distribution quality, performance, service, asset stewardship & cost for the facilities.
- Continuous Improvement Cultivate a culture that focuses on continuous improvement through innovation, technology, & process control.
- Manages business relationships with external contractors.
- Business Partner Collaboration Optimize distribution efficiency through execution with key vendors, customers, & internal business units.
- Leadership: Able to influence wide groups of individuals at various levels.
- Performance management: both programs & employees.
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Detailed Oriented & Results Driven
- Communication Proficiency: speak to employees with tact & diplomacy
- Time Management: tracking/monitoring production & maintaining productivity
- Technical Capacity: computer literacy to input information into the computer
- Learning Orientation: able to take direction & relay information to employees
At a minimum you have
- A vision & know how to communicate it; youre a strategic leader with great follow-through who gets excited to drive change & lead innovation projects.
- Proven track record in team development & leadership of teams with 50+ team members
- Bachelor degree in an Engineering discipline or international equivalent, or 10+ years management level experience with at least 5 years in multi-location facilities & maintenance management in the Food & Beverage industry
- HS Diploma/GED required
- High level leadership experience in structured maintenance practices
- Based out of one of our Distribution Centers this position requires heavy travel to all sites