JUUL Labs mission is to impact the lives of the worlds one billion adult smokers by eliminating combustible cigarettes. We have the opportunity to address one of the worlds most intractable challenges through a commitment to exceptional quality, research, design, & innovation. Backed by leading technology investors, we are committed to the same excellence when it comes to hiring great talent.
We are a diverse team that is united by this common purpose & we are hiring the worlds best engineers, scientists, designers, product managers, operations experts, & customer service & business professionals. If the opportunity to build your career at one of the fastest growing companies is compelling, read on for more details.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
At JUUL Labs the People Business Partner (HRBP) acts as an employee champion & change agent. This position will work cross functionally & collaboratively to assess, anticipate & solve HR-related needs. This is a Senior level role on the team that reports directly to the President of Canada, with a dotted line reporting relationship to the Vice President of HR for The Americas.
The ideal candidate will use past experience as a business partner, operator, advisor, & change agent to scale the process, analytics, & strategic plan aligned with the current & forecasted needs of the organization. This position is accountable for providing leadership, support, advocacy, & vision to our leadership team as well as architecting, scaling, & executing Human Resource efforts.
- Provide strategic guidance & HR thought leadership to all levels of the organization
- Provide appropriate coaching & development feedback to managers & employees, proactively & when employee relations issues arise
- Partner with the People team on Learning & Development, Compensation & Operations to inform design & implementation of people programs.
- Provide data analysis & reporting solutions based on business needs
- Work with the business on various manager development programs
- Support the business through compensation reviews, talent development, performance management, employee relations, organizational design, & more.
- Drive the overall HR integration strategy, hands on & leading planning & execution
- Identify & advise on opportunities, risks, trends related to HR
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 8+ years of HR / business partnering experience - strong preference for this experience to be in a highly matrixed environment & have demonstrated success across multiple roles.
- Strong business acumen, familiar with the competitive talent environment & the agility needed to stay on top in that environment.
- Ability to build effective, influential partnerships with executive level leadership - as well as strong relationship building skills with all levels of the organization.
- Examples of implementing people support in a fast-changing environment, building to scale thoughtfully & intentionally.
- Evidence of being a strong team player with the ability to facilitate team building, develop effective partnerships & collaborate with a variety of stakeholders at all levels to accomplish goals.
- Outstanding organizational, communication, presentation & follow-up skills.
- Proven experience running reports & knowing what the numbers mean.
KEY ATTRIBUTES NECESSARY FOR SUCCESS:
- A sense of humor & a real passion for all things HR related.
- A passion for constantly improving your craft & implement processes that create efficiencies & streamline processes.
- A can-do attitude & ability to work collaboratively.
- A hit-the-ground running plan for launching HR campaigns.
- BA or Masters degree strongly preferred.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. Well help you set big goals - & exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed & supportive teammates
- Equity & performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks & drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits & discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental & vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of Toronto, one of the worlds greatest cities