The ideal candidate has a design personality that matches the Birchbox aestheticfresh & contemporary with personality. Youre skilled at developing big picture concepts & bringing those ideas to life while also considering every tiny detail through to execution. Youre able to understand & apply creative direction from the Creative Director & are constantly critiquing & analyzing every brand experience. This is a great opportunity to create high-impact designs from start to finish & be an integral part of a dynamic in-house creative team!
This role will be responsible for all print & packaging projects, in addition to some digital design as well. You will ideate monthly subscription designs, iterate on Birchbox exclusive Limited Edition Boxes, design invitations & event collateral, & create environmental graphics. Your ability to work under pressure & turnaround great designs on tight deadlines is unparalleled.
- Concept & design all print & packaging creative efforts
- Bring the monthly boxes to life through concept & design
- Concept & create designs for our unique Birchbox Limited Edition boxes
- Responsible for a variety of digital efforts such as the design of branded emails, promotions & maintenance of on-site assets
- Assist in design strategies & campaigns
- Collaborate with Marketing & Merchant teams to create a clear, beautiful & visually consistent experiences across media
- Understand the brand & ensure its upheld through all Birchbox platforms
- Know how to ask the right questions & how to come up with answers
- 2-3 years of design experience
- Strong Portfolio that showcases a range of print & packaging & digital design work
- Great color & patterning skills
- Experience with print production
- Familiarity with the latest print & packaging & digital design trends
- The ability to seamlessly balance long term projects with daily design needs
- Strong communication skills & a precise attention to details
- Masterful skills in Adobe Creative Suite
- Illustration skills are a plus
- E-commerce experience is a plus
We started Birchbox in 2010 to redefine the way consumers discover & shop for beauty & grooming. The company quickly grew from an exciting idea to a business that has materially shaped the beauty industry: weve activated an enormous group of underserved, untapped consumers, awakening their relationship with beauty by making the experience relevant, easy & fun. Our innovation isnt the simple concept of delivering a box of samples its understanding that although not everyone is passionate about beauty & grooming, everyone still deserves to have a great experience finding, trying & buying it.
Birchbox operates in four countries, reaching more than 2.5 million active customers with a portfolio of 500 best-in-class prestige brand partners. We have retail locations within select Walgreens stores across the US.