Were looking for an experienced Senior Social Media & Public Relations Specialist to join our growing Marketing team! This position will play a key role within our Marketing team, based in Toronto but tasked with growing the Ritual brand globally. As we continue to rapidly expand our footprint, were looking to up our consumer engagement game, tapping into culturally relevant moments from different markets around the world while also leveraging industry best practices.
Reporting directly to the Head of Marketing, youll lead the charge on the development & execution of both Rituals global social media/community & PR strategy. Ritual is a true start-up - we have minimal bureaucracy & look for people who thrive in environments where ownership, autonomy & speed are front & centre. In addition to working closely with your fellow members of the Marketing team, youll also be working closely with the local Sales teams in each market around the world, our internal Design team as well as with our key agency partners to effectively understand our different audiences & drive successful campaigns.
In this role you will
- Craft & execute Rituals global social media strategy
- Create a content calendar for the next 6-12 months
- Generate & post regular content across Instagram (posts & stories), Facebook, & Twitter that aligns with our visual style & brand tone of voice
- Work directly with local influencers on partnerships & content creation, building & fostering long term relationships with them
- Regularly track & report on performance across social channels
- Regularly engage with our community on social posts & connect with the Customer Service team as needed. You will also build processes for responding to credible brand mentions in a timely, authoritative way
- Stay up to date with social media trends & innovations, new platforms & channels, & make strategic recommendations on Rituals approach to each opportunity.
- Develop & roll out Rituals global PR strategy
- Drive awareness across all customer segments
- Manage proactive & reactive media relations
- Continually identify & iterate on proactive pitch programs to raise the profile of Ritual
- Build & manage systems to track, analyze & archive press coverage & provide quantitative & qualitative updates on progress against plans
To be impactful, you should
- Have a real passion for social media, working with influencers & public relations; you also know how these channels can drive business results
- Be fluent in emoji & know all the latest memes, but can also make meaningful contributions to business discussions & frame your recommendations around opportunities & business growth
- Thrive in fast-paced environments & love delivering under pressure
- Bring experience designing & executing social campaigns from the ground up, including creating content & writing copy
- Be equal parts creative & analytical. Youre just comfortable tracking results & measuring ROI with Growth as you are working with Design on a perfect piece of collateral
- Must be comfortable making decisions in ambiguous environments, without extensively defined rules & guidelines
- Have outstanding attention to detail
What we offer
- Opportunity to work on an amazing consumer-facing product
- Competitive compensation package & equity in the business - we are all owners
- Healthcare coverage from day one & an unlimited vacation policy
- $15 daily in-app credit towards lunches & coffees
- Fun company-sponsored events & off-sites
- Biannual performance reviews, education allowance & opportunities for personal & professional development
Rituals mission is to digitize local commerce. Ritual was founded in 2014 in Toronto by a group of serial entrepreneurs & ex-Googlers with the vision of bringing digital efficiency to the local commerce space. Since then, Ritual has grown to over 300 employees, serving customers in 25+ cities across North America, the U.K. & Australia & has raised over $100 million in venture funding.