BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
BuzzFeed is seeking an Social Media Strategist to focus on video publishing strategy for some of BuzzFeeds most beloved brands, primarily for Cocoa Butter, & will provide publishing & editorial support for the BuzzFeed social media team for other brands including BuzzFeedVideo, As/Is, & more. This position will use data to inform decisions & will collaborate closely with operations & video producers to ensure that our content is being released in the most optimal way across all video platforms.
The ideal candidate is obsessed with both publishers & content creators particularly on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, & TikTok (especially emerging short form video products like TikTok, Reels, & YouTube Shorts) & would be able to understand & summarize how & why certain videos blow up where did they take off, what makes them special, why are they worth sharing?
The ideal candidate is able to navigate a fast-paced & dynamic work environment with efficiency & maturity. Were looking for a rockstar who is naturally organized & detail-oriented, enthusiastic about social media & all things BuzzFeed someone who is a data-obsessed self-starter with excellent judgement & communication skills.
- Optimize, publish, & analyze video & distributed content releases across YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, & TikTok accounts for the Cocoa Butter brand.
- Prepare insights for the social & content teams to continuously find best practices for social optimization.
- Establishes a consultative relationship with creative leads.
- Monitor discussions, posts, & comments across multiple social media channels.
- Assist with experiments on emerging platforms to strategize new opportunities for revenue.
- Generate reports/sharing pertinent information across multiple teams.
- Assist BuzzFeed social editors with scheduling posts & finding/creating content across platforms.
- Has the foresight to anticipate issues in workflow or content performance & present manager with possible actionable solutions. Able to think outside the day-to-day to find creative scalable solutions (i.e.: work smarter not harder).
- Use knowledge of online video to present our videos in the most shareable way, helping them to have the biggest reach & impact
- 1-2 years of experience online writing/editing/curating on the web
- Understanding of the digital landscape & a proven interest in keeping up to date with developments in web platforms & applications
- Deep enthusiasm for experimenting with content & strategy to optimize for key metrics
- Knowledge of the online video ecosystem
- Native YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, & Reddit user
- Deep understanding of how titling & thumbnails can affect a videos performance
- Strong organizational & communication skills
- Must have excellent writing skills
- Responds to a fluctuating workload with a positive attitude & is always ready to tackle new challenges!
- Ability to handle multiple priorities - a tireless work ethic never hurts!
- No formal cover letters, please. Instead, include a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you'd be a good fit for this particular position. Wed also like you to share 3-5 links to videos posted on any BuzzFeed YouTube channel (published within the last year) that you think did really well & explain why.
- Provide links to your social media accounts or personal blog
- Attach a resume
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe we benefit from the diverse perspectives within & across our teams. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment practices.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.