The Squarespace Finance team is seeking an eager & intellectually curious Financial Analyst to partner with our Product organization. You will partner with the FP&A Manager to explore a range of business questions, ultimately driving company strategy, empowering executive decision making, & guiding the company towards achieving its goals. We help set the company-wide targets, provide forecasts & real time analytics to executives & business leaders, & partner cross functionally to evaluate strategic business & product decisions. The ideal candidate will not only have superb technical skills but also strong interpersonal skills & the ability to influence & present to all levels of the organization.
We expect this Analyst to be a proactive member of the FP&A team, asking a lot of questions to learn on the job & grow along with the company. You will dig into challenges - from routine operations, to forecasting & planning - to connect the dots & draw valuable insights for the business. You will also develop strong relationships with the leaders on your partner teams, therefore should have strong communication & presentation skills to translate complex trends into easily digestible discussion points. This is the perfect opportunity to use your critical thinking & analytical abilities to learn the inner workings of a successful organization.
You will report into the FP&A Manager, & be based in our New York headquarters. We have introduced our Flexible Work Philosophy for Squarespace employees, which you can find on our career page. For those who will work out of our offices 1-5 days a week, we have also introduced a detailed return to office approach to guarantee a safe return for our Squarespace employees. The safety of our people is our top priority & we will continue to monitor the status of COVID-19.
YOULL GET TO
- Support the strategic planning process for various planning/forecasting cycles & ad hoc
- Identify opportunities to enhance the efficiency of existing processes & propose improvements to streamline the use of key business metrics
- Be a thought leader to improve & simplify processes, drive standardization, & build scalable systems to support business growth
- Ability to create & foster strong cross-functional networks with excellent leadership, influencing, & communication skills
- Gather, review, & communicate fact based insights into variances & trends of key financial & operational metrics for management, external, & board reporting to support organization initiatives
- Manage financial reporting & close process, including variance analysis
- Partner with the Product organization to develop business cases in support of new product & feature launches
- Develop impactful, compelling presentation materials (decks, notes, write-ups, backup materials, etc.) that effectively communicates outlooks, drivers, business performance, risks & opportunities to senior leadership
WHO WERE LOOKING FOR
- 5+ years experience in financial planning & analysis
- Bachelors degree in Finance or equivalent experience
- Mastery of Excel
- Detail oriented & highly organized self starter with a drive to dig into complex problems
- High attention to detail but an equally important ability to see the big picture & evaluate analyses with strategic business context
- Able to multitask & meet deadlines with a strong sense of ownership, intellectual curiosity & an ability to think creatively & critically & thrive in a fast-paced & dynamic work environment
- Excellent communication skills & comfort working across the organization
- Deep understanding of P&L components & unit economics
- Strong personal integrity & work ethic
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.