Here are Zola, we are seeking a passionate Lead User Experience Researcher to join our cross-disciplinary product team. This person will help us identify & validate the right problems to tackle, conducting research that optimizes the design, strategy & development of our products & ensure our products align with our core mission. You will have an opportunity to collaborate with an amazing team of smart & talented designers, product managers & developers. Your research will be instrumental in creating products that support our customers throughout their wedding planning journeys & beyond.
- Partner with product designers, product managers & other key stakeholders to identify research topics & questions of interest that are relevant to the business.
- Develop research projects that align with & contribute to product strategies.
- Help us to identify & understand the questions we need to answer in order to move product strategy & execution forward.
- Recruit participants, manage participant incentives, organize data collected from studies, & drive insight sessions.
- Conduct end-to-end research through a wide variety of methodologies, utilizing a variety of qualitative & quantitative research techniques in your toolkit (e.g. interviews, ethnography, card sorting, focus groups, surveys).
- Facilitate user testing on designs in progress, click-through prototypes, beta versions & finished features/products.
- Understand & incorporate complex technical requirements & considerations into research.
- Contribute to the development of a strong & innovative research practice at Zola.
- Ability to teach & train research methods to internal team members across the organization
- 5+ years of hands-on experience designing & executing field research with demonstrable impact on business outcomes.
- Strong analytical & synthesis skills.
- Experience in e-commerce services preferred.
- You identify as a creative thinker who thrives in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- You embrace uncertainty, are comfortable crafting your own research plans, & are capable of identifying the right methodology for the study at hand.
- Display strong understanding of the strengths & short
- Creative, scrappy & ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Passionate about being part of a fast-paced, innovative tech start- up
We're Zola, the wedding company that will do anything for love. We're reinventing the wedding planning & registry experience to make the happiest moment in our couples lives even happier. From engagement to wedding & decorating your first home, Zola is there, combining compassionate customer service with modern tools & technology all in the service of love.
Based in NYC & launched in October 2013, we have quickly become the fastest-growing wedding company in the United States. In 2017 we launched Zola Weddings, a free suite of wedding planning tools including wedding websites, checklist, guest list, & registry, all in one place. We've raised over $140 million in financing, & we're proud to call Thrive Capital, Canvas Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Comcast Ventures, & Goldman Sachs, among others, our investors & partners. Our team brings deep experience from working on beautiful, award-winning e-commerce sites & mobile apps in past roles at Gilt Groupe, Amazon, Bloomingdales, Gap, J.Crew, Toys R Us, Chloe + Isabel, Yahoo, & Host Committee, among many others.