Software Engineer, Growth Foundation
SF, Denver, NY, Remote
Gusto is looking for Software engineers to join the Growth team.
The Growth team iterates quickly to deliver delightful customer experiences that introduce the product to new customers. As we scale we are significantly investing in technology around audience segmentation, communications platforms, experimentation frameworks, etc to set up the team for long-term goals success.
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, & team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, & New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
At Gusto, we are building the world-class people platform for small businesses. Our Growth Engineering teams mission is to find new & innovative ways to bring new users on to it, & for existing users to adopt our other offers like health insurance. The team operates in a fast-paced, data-informed environment to accomplish this.
We strongly value end-to-end ownership. Gustos Growth Engineers apply an entrepreneurial mindset to their day-to-day, working cross-functionally to master the ins & outs of the business, & using that knowledge to guide their work across a diverse tech stack, from creating front-end experiments, to working deep inside the product.
Heres what youll do day to day:
- Own what you build as you architect, test, & refine Gustos product suite
- Use data & rapid experimentation to gain insights & improve the product
- Tackle a wide variety of technical problems throughout the stack & contribute daily to all parts of our product code base
- Collaborate with our product management & design teams to understand customer pain points, come up with solutions, & then prototype, iterate, & launch daily
- Build a product that our customers genuinely love. Don't just take our word for it - check out what some customers have to say.
- You are not limited to working on old codebases. Most of our work uses the latest front-end/analytics/machine learning tools in the market, Our tech stack is based on using the best tool for the job
Heres what were looking for:
- 7+ years of technical experience
- Passionate about creating memorable experiences for customers.
- Scaling through technology investments.
- Experience with event analytics (Amplitude, Mixpanel, Kissmetrics, etc.) & experimentation (A/B, multivariate) is preferred
- Comfortable working with data & digging into numbers to find issues & insights
- Interest in complex product development problems. Sometimes we use Rails, React, PHP, & ES6 but you dont have to know them.
- Appreciation for a collaborative, test-driven environment
- Experience turning wireframes & mockups into elegantly executed code
- Well-structured, easily maintainable, well-documented code that balances beauty & pragmatism
- Practical knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals
Learn more about the team:
- Our Engineering Culture & Values
- How We Built a Service-Driven Team
- Our Diversity Goals & Efforts
Our customers come from all walks of life & so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values & our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state & local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities & disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.