Vimeo is looking to hire a Senior Product + UX designer to join its Live team. Live streaming is changing the world & has become a center of focus for Vimeo, from self-serve live streaming to Enterprise use cases (such as company all hands, webinars, etc). The Live team at Vimeo sits on the forefront of visual company communications, & this role will play a major part of creating a world class live streaming experience.
The ideal candidate will have a bias for action, an understanding of video (either through live streaming or video on demand), will have deep empathy for users, & a deep understanding of complex interactions.
What youll do:
- Drive the design direction & process for the Live team, enabling collaboration among product, engineering, data, & marketing
- Advocate & champion for user research within the team, leading by example by working with our Consumer Insights team or conducting your own user interviews & online usability testing
- Directly engage with users & translate quantitative data, qualitative insights, & prior experiment results into informed design decisions & new ideas
- Work across functions with product managers, data analysts & engineers of all levels to understand problem spaces & develop hypotheses to test, learn & iterate
- Design from the concept phase all the way to release & beyond, creating high level user stories, process flows, wireframes, mockups, & prototypes
- Execute simple & beautiful designs at a rapid cadence while balancing multiple projects/experiments at once
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- At least 5-7 years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, or similar role with accompanying experience in visual/graphic design
- Strong familiarity with industry standard UX best practices
- Ability to drive design concepts from business strategy discussions through to day-to-day execution.
- Excellent user-centered design skills - you are detail-oriented & have a deep understanding of design fundamentals with a proficiency in Figma/Sketch & modern prototyping tools
- Excellent communication skills - you can clearly articulate your design vision through verbal & written explanation, sketching, or quick mock-ups to small or large groups, from designers to the leadership team
- Ability to be autonomous - you take initiative & ownership of projects while collaborating with cross-functional partners & other designers, seeking & providing feedback with a positive sense of curiosity!
- Portfolio or samples of responsive web & native product design work driven by quantitative & qualitative user research
Vimeo is the worlds leading professional video platform & community. We empower over 200 million users from creatives to entrepreneurs to the worlds largest brands to grow their business with video. Our products make it easy to create high-quality, impactful videos & to reach teams, audiences & customers anywhere.
Vimeo is powered by a growing team of over 650 passionate, dedicated humans. Were headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. We believe our impact is greatest when our workforce represents the diverse & global community that we serve, & were proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity & inclusion is prioritized in how we build our products, leaders & culture. Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs.