At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the worlds largest networks that powers more than 10 trillion requests per month. Cloudflare protects & accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance & a decrease in spam & other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer & named to Entrepreneur Magazines Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious & empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves & learning new skills, & we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse & inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential & support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the role
Are you passionate about language technologies & committed to shipping best-in-class localized experiences to millions of global audience? Do you love solving technical challenges & building localization solutions with efficient workflows & integrations? Come join the Cloudflare Globalization team.
Cloudflare is a rapidly growing global company & there is nothing more important to us than delivering to our users an exceptional native experience across all languages, cultures & platforms. We are looking for an effective & innovative Globalization Technologist to work with product managers, developers, engineers & localization technology vendors to drive complex internationalization/localization projects & build scalable localization architecture.
You will play a key role in driving end-to-end localization launches for Cloudflares products, portals, mobile apps & multimedia assets. You will contribute architectural, implementation & design advice to stakeholders & engineers to ship exceptional localized experiences to our global users efficiently & effectively. In addition, you will set up & own Cloudflares localization architecture roadmap, build automated processes & scalable solutions to reduce overhead of adding new locale support.
What you will do:
- Drive end-to-end technical localization programs from planning, scheduling, prioritization, testing to launch & reporting
- Work closely with various stakeholders to assess international readiness, research user requirements, & identify localizability issues for new content assets
- Responsible for localization tooling management, configuration, integration, testing, TM leverage optimization & rollout of new localization processes & workflows
- Contribute to localization technology vendor evaluation, onboarding, implementation, training, support & feature enhancement
- Communicate, influence & guide global teams of varying technical levels on internationalization/localization requirements & development roadmap
What you will bring:
- Bachelor or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Computational Linguistics, Natural Language Processing, Localization or related discipline. Masters degree preferred
- Native fluency in at least one foreign language & culture required
- Minimum 5+ years of internationalization & localization engineering experience on the client side with a track record of shipping successful high impact web projects
- Extensive experience & knowledge of leading LMS (Localization Management Systems), CAT (Computer-Aided Translation) tools, TM (Translation Memory), Machine Translation methodologies (statistical, rule-based, hybrid, neural), localization glossaries, file parsers & common localization file formats
- Experience or interest in working with different scripts & encodings, bi-di, CJK, Indic languages
- Exceptional organization, time management, problem-solving, & relationship building skills to operate in a matrix structure
- Passionate about Cloudflare & our mission
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
Were not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. Were a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free & open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically & artistically important organizations & journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflares enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state & local governments have the highest level of protection & reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information & voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something youd like to be a part of? Wed love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people & place great value in both diversity & inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.