Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilio is growing rapidly & seeking an Internal Audit Manager with both Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) compliance & internal auditing experience to join Twilio's Internal Audit organization. The team is focused on process improvements through operational internal audits, including data analytics to help the business mature processes, allowing efficiency & scalability while maintaining internal controls to mitigate risks. Reporting to the Director of Internal Audit, this position will work closely with internal audit teams & our Dubling Accounting team as well as other Twilio functional teams to identify process & systems gaps & areas of improvements.
Twilio is looking for an audit senior who lives the Twilio Magic & has a demonstrated track record of leading internal audit & SOX engagements. They also have:
- 5+ years experience in internal audits & SOX compliance (Big-4 or Tech industry is a plus)
- Deep understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements, internal auditing standards, COSO & risk assessment practices
- Deep understanding of risk & internal control concepts & experience in applying them to plan, perform, manage & report on the evaluation of various business processes/areas/functions, including audit procedures/techniques
- Strong project management & problem solving in a creative & fast paced environment to drive results timely & on budget
- Knowledge of IT general controls & IT application controls
- Excellent communication skills, ability to distill key takeaways quickly & presentation skills that allow effective interactions with business partners
- The ability to work independently & as a team, with limited required direction & guidance, & provide appropriate direction to other internal audit team members & management
As the Internal Audit Analyst, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Assist with SOX & IA risk assessments, scoping, internal audit plan development, identifying & documenting control deficiencies, impact & severity assessments
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Lead & manage SOX compliance evaluation effort for assigned processes, including managing contractors, document requests & review of testwork
- BE INCLUSIVE & WEAR the CUSTOMERS SHOES: Build relationships & collaborate across functional teams within Twilio to identify control deficiencies, process improvement opportunities for efficient, effective & scalable processes, utilizing industry best practices tailored to Twilio
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Assist with developing & delivering meaningful data driven executive presentations, including Audit Committee presentations
- DRAW THE OWL: Assist with process & control documentation & process improvement for new processes as we scale & expand
The Internal Audit is central to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with senior management to identify & evaluate key business risks & recommend actions to mitigate risks while improving & maturing processes.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent & we believe great work can be done anywhere. Twilio offers benefits & perks to support the physical, financial, & emotional well being of you & your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.