--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
Dataminr is still actively hiring.
As the health & safety of our candidates & our employees comes first,
we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews & new hire on-boarding.
This role can be based in our NYC or DC offices, or remotely within the United States.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI & public data to work for our clients, generating relevant & actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, & NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events & emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public & private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, & respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth & innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 & Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for Most Innovative Use of AI from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team & help the world manage risk in real time. Youll work with 600+ talented people across seven offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, & have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
You're an experienced sales leader with a passion for building, motivating, & developing high-performing teams that exceed their targets. You have proven experience building & implementing business plans to ensure revenue retention & expansion. You also have experience with specific sales methodologies & are excited about embracing the Miller Heiman sales process.
You understand the importance of building a strong sales culture. You have experience coaching your team on navigating complex deals, & you lead by example. You know what it takes to lead & grow a high-performing sales team.
As Director, Account Management, you'll report to our SVP, Strategic Accounts & be responsible for managing, motivating, & developing a team of US-based account managers. You'll be accountable for your team's net retention & expansion targets while focusing on building & managing client relationships across a rapidly-growing customer base.
- Partner with SVP, Strategic Accounts to develop & execute on plan to build strong client relationships & drive net revenue retention & growth across sales segments
- Drive sales results & consistently exceed sales targets by specializing in transforming customer needs & feedback into compelling value propositions
- Lead, motivate, & develop a team of Account Managers with a focus on building a team culture that promotes engagement, performance, teamwork, accountability, & fun
- Build & ensure rigor & measurement around account management processes & sales methodology (e.g. Miller Heiman)
- Collaborate with VP Customer Success to ensure team alignment & that shared strategies are implemented to deliver customer value
- Assign accounts to sellers while optimizing the match between client needs, existing productive relationships, bandwidth, geographic location, & skills
- Establish territory-specific plans of action through one-on-one sessions with sellers (e.g. who to target, weekly call activity, required sales behavior, etc.)
- Meet frequently with sellers to review sales productivity, selling behavior, progress-to-plan & sales pipeline accuracy, making any necessary adjustments & providing ongoing coaching & support
- Identify new opportunities for revenue growth within the larger organization as well as referrals from client stakeholders & client executives
- Collaborate closely with the Customer Success team to ensure successful value delivery across a rapidly & ever-growing set of clients
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of proven enterprise software/SaaS account management experience, preferably in fast-paced, technology-driven environments
- 5+ years of sales leadership experience with demonstrated quota achievement & territory growth
- Experience managing sales opportunities through the entire sales cycle from prospecting to close
- Strong solution selling skills with the ability to demonstrate strong product knowledge
- Self-motivation & an ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to attract, identify, hire, & retain top talent
- Superior communication & interpersonal skills
- Experience with sales technology & tools e.g. Google Suite, Salesforce CRM, Clari, etc.
- Post COVID-19, ability to be in the field in support of a nationally-dispersed sales team & client list, might include up to 40% travel including some overnight travel
Why you should work here:
- We recognize & reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees & their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking & dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, & passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning & development fund & professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave & 100% company paid parental leave
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental & physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation & health & fitness app reimbursements
and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.