We started Birchbox in 2010 to redefine the way consumers discover & shop for beauty & grooming. The company quickly grew from an exciting idea to a business that has materially shaped the beauty industry: we've activated an enormous group of underserved, untapped consumers, awakening their relationship with beauty by making the experience relevant, easy & fun. Our innovation isn't the simple concept of delivering a box of samples - it's understanding that although not everyone is passionate about beauty & grooming, everyone still deserves to have a great experience finding, trying & buying it.
Birchbox operates in six countries, reaching more than 2.5 million active customers with a portfolio of 500 best-in-class prestige brand partners. We have retail locations within select Walgreens stores across the US as well as a flagship Birchbox store in Paris.
About the role:
The Accounting / AP Associate will work with our accounting team to assist in daily accounting functions as well as maintain the day to day Accounts Payable department. As part of a small team you will play an integral role in creating efficiencies & best practices in the growth of the Accounting & Finance department.
You will be expected to
- Manage the AP monthly close process & work with technical team to resolve any discrepancies
- Oversee External Accounts Payable Service
- Maintain daily technical interface between ERP & external AP platform & troubleshoot exceptions
- Manage the external payment process system for all invoices
- Manage the expense accrual process as part of Month End close
- Perform monthly reconciliation of Goods Received not Vouchered account
- Manage annual 1099 filings
- Assist in monthly, quarterly, & annual Sales Tax filings & regulatory audits
- Provide Financial, Administrative, & clerical services on an ad hoc basis to assist in day to day functions & the Month End close
- Accounts payable experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office & Google Docs
- Experience with JD Edwards (ERP)
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written)
- Detail oriented & organized
- Passion & excitement to work in a startup environment