All about these Boxed Boxes!
Boxed was launched in our CEOs garage in 2013 by our four founders; an eclectic group of experienced tech pioneers. They had a simple idea: to make shopping for bulk-sized products easy, convenient & fun. Today, we deliver a first class e-commerce experience for everyday essentials across the country. We work out of our corporate headquarters in New York City, another corporate office in San Mateo, & our three fulfillment centers serving the country from New Jersey, Nevada & Texas.
Were a late stage start-up that places technology & innovation at the heart of all that we do. Our technology platform & automated, state-of-the-art fulfillment centers make headlines & our systems utilize machine learning, predictive analytics & other technologies to ensure a delightful B2C & B2B online shopping experience. While technology is at the core of what we do, providing a personalized, thoughtful & seamless shopping experience is at the core of who were are. We value each & every customer & every single order receives a hand-written thank you note.
Unpack your Potential at Boxed!
Boxed is made up of a vibrant & fun group of engineers, designers, marketers, sales people & operations specialists -- just to name a few! We work with passion for driving superior value & experience to our customers. Our customers choose to buy from Boxed because we save them time & money, which in turn makes their lives easier. Thats where you come in!
We are looking for a talented engineer to join our DevOps team. This small but mighty team is responsible for operating & maintaining the underlying infrastructure that powers our entire technology stack. The Boxed DevOps team values an always-learning approach to technology. We want someone who already knows they dont know it all, & who is willing to work closely & honestly with team members to collectively & objectively find the best solutions to problems. Technological humility - the desire to build whats correct over being the person whos correct - is a trait we value highly.
- Be responsible for ensuring the health & uptime of services in our cross-cloud Kubernetes environment
- Help to understand & diagnose the root causes of performance issues & crashes across our many microservices
- Be a point of contact for engineers & other team members, helping ensure & promote optimal platform usage
- Help to maintain & scale our many & varied data stores & infrastructure, such as MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Redshift, & Kafka
- Help to debug & optimize network usage across AWS & GCP
- Help to maintain & optimize our Jenkins-based CI/CD pipeline
- Good bash skills
- Ability to debug system problems like running out of memory, inodes, or ephemeral ports
- Experience writing Dockerfiles for apps in multiple languages
- Experience writing scripts to automate repetitive tasks
- Disaster recovery experience, especially if self-inflicted
- Experience with MongoDB performance analysis, debugging, and/or data modelling
- Experience running Node.js apps under load
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Knowledge of distributed systems (formal theory or learned firsthand)
- Experience writing custom load tests, with wrk or a similar tool
- Experience with AWS EC2 components & pitfalls
- Experience with Google Cloud components & pitfalls
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools, such as Terraform
- Experience using Fluentd, Graylog, & Elasticsearch (together or separately)
- Experience with LDAP/ActiveDirectory
Dont meet all of our requirements? Not a problem. Were always looking for fast learners who may have a less than standard path or the exact skillset mentioned above. Please apply anyways & show us why youre awesome!
OUR package for you!
Alongside our customer focus & technology DNA, we pride ourselves on our employee centric mentality. NBC Nightly News called our CEO, Chieh Huang, Americas Dream Boss for our generous benefits. Every day is bring your dog to work day at Boxed! In addition, our team enjoys competitive compensation plus stock options, endless snacks, flexible parental leave, unlimited paid time off, company lunches, & lots of other perks -- just some of the reasons we made Crains list of best places to work in NYC. Wed love to meet you, so apply today!