Quick Take: Axios is a growth-stage startup dedicated to providing trustworthy, award-winning news content in an audience-first format. We are hiring a Creative Strategist!
Why it Matters: Our growing Studio team is looking for a skilled & enthusiastic creative strategist to contribute pre-sale concepts for our branded projects. This addition will help us develop & evolve the Axios Studios product offerings & market value.
The Details: In this role, you will make an impact on Axios through the following responsibilities:
- Researching & writing pitches for a variety of branded products including, but not limited to: video, infographics, data visualizations, web design, articles & podcasts.
- Working closely with the Director of Strategy to develop a creative & holistic vision for integrated campaigns.
- Communicating campaign elements & goals to internal stakeholders.
- Successfully combining Axios editorial best practices with the messaging goals of our advertising partners.
Go Deeper: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for Axios mission & have the following skills:
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Experience developing innovative, sellable campaigns for digital media.
- Knowledge of other brand studios & a POV on competitors strengths & weaknesses.
- Extremely organized, with a collaborative mindset & good listening skills.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Photoshop & Illustrator, is a plus.
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter & cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, & diverse work culture
- Annual learning & development stipend
Additional pandemic-related benefits:
- One mental health day per quarter
- $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
- Tele-mental health services
- OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
- Increased work flexibility for parents & caretakers
- Access to the Axios Family Fund, which was created to allow employees to request financial support when facing financial hardship or emergencies
- Weekly company-sponsored exercise & meditation classes
- Virtual company-sponsored social events