Company Description|Job Description
Denodo is the leader in data virtualization - providing unmatched performance, unified access to the broadest range of enterprise, Big Data, cloud & unstructured sources, & the agilest data services provisioning & governance - at less than half the cost of traditional data integration. Denodo's customers have gained significant business agility & ROI by creating a unified virtual data layer that serves strategic enterprise-wide information needs for agile BI, big data analytics, web & cloud integration, single-view applications, & SOA data services across every major industry. Founded in 1999, Denodo is privately held.
We are looking for a talented HR & Office Manager to join our company in the Chicago office. Supporting the company's HR initiatives, & ensuring our office remains an amazing place to work will be an important component of this role. You will partner with the human resources team members in our various locations to ensure excellent serviceand consistent procedures for all employees.
We are seeking candidates with a desire to work in a vibrant, growing company & passionate about what we do. Those who thrive in this role will challenge themselves to improve processes & day-to-day operations to take their career & the company to the next level.
This is a full time position.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for human resources coordinator duties, including but not limited to employee onboarding, termination paperwork & compliance, support recruiting.
- Be primary point-person for local staff.
- Contribute to the development, & ensure consistent compliance of corporate HR policies & processes.
- Partner with other HR subject matter experts to ensure alignment & to create a strong, cross-functional team to execute on company-wide HR initiatives.
- Manage contract & price negotiations with office & facility management vendors, service providers & office lease.
- Manage Health & Safety & office space requirements.
- Front desk/reception duties including answering phone, greeting guests, coordinating deliveries, order office supplies, etc.
- Address employees' queries regarding office management issues.
- Manage travel bookings for employees & review expense claims
- Plan in-house or off-site activities, like company events, celebrations & conferences.
- Review legal documents that support the sales process.
- Perform additional duties & assignments that help ensure a smooth & efficient business process
Desired Skills & Experience
- BS/BA in human resources, business administration or relevant field.
- 3+ years experience in HR Coordinator/Specialist or Office Manager role, ideally in the Software industry.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills in English. Spanish will be a plus.
- Working knowledge of human resource disciplines includingemployment law & employee relations.
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple tasks in high activity, dynamic environment with accuracy & attention to details.
- Customer focus & deep interest in employee relations, able to interact with employees at all levels.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of highly sensitive information.
- Sound judgement & problem-solving skills.
- Good team player; approachable; proactive & able to work without direct supervision; & takes own initiative.
- Proficient in use of Google Suite & MS Office.
- Experience with HRIS applications will be a plus.
- We are committed to equal employment opportunity.
- We respect, value & welcome diversity in our workforce.
- We do not accept resumes from headhunters or suppliers that have not signed a formal fee agreement. Therefore, any resume received from an unapproved supplier will be considered unsolicited, & we will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.