AccuWeather, recognized & documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts & warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries & tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania, & other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives & get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com & mobile, as well as AccuWeather For Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, & the 24/7 AccuWeather Network.
Additionally, AccuWeather produces & distributes news, weather content, & video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeathers many innovative & award-winning features free to the public are MinuteCast Minute by Minute forecasts with Superior Accuracy. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies & thousands of businesses globally.
Reporting directly to the VP, Science & Innovation, the Product Manager, Maps leads efforts related to how we visually represent information on AccuWeathers web, app, & B2B properties. This role is at the forefront of the companys innovation & an influential leader charged with shaping key features within out consumer & business products. This position is an exciting opportunity to translate your vision into an impactful strategy while also defining features, designing experiences & driving execution from start to finish.
To succeed in this role, you should be a perceptive & creative leader with strong communication skills, exceptional solution-crafting capabilities & have a healthy addiction to the displaying geospatial information. This role is perfectly suited for a junior to mid-level product manager with a passion for science, technology, & leveraging data to improve peoples lives.
- Drive innovative solutions for existing & future visualizations that drive user engagement & audience growth.
- Facilitate communication across the organization, collecting & analyze feedback from customers, stakeholders, & other teams to shape requirements; communicate to stakeholders regularly.
- Create exceptional user experiences through collaboration with product experience team UX/UI/Interaction while also maximizing revenue by supporting monetization efforts.
- Work with third parties, strategic partners, & cross functional internal teams to further AccuWeathers reach & feature set.
- Understand the ins & outs of your audience; who they are, the features they use & enhancements they want.
- Monitor your products, ensuring optimal performance, & being on top of any challenges that may arise.
- Prioritize product enhancements, both new & existing.
- Lead a scrum team comprising of engineers & product designers to execute against your plans quickly.
- Manage data integrity to ensure accuracy & relevancy; from data source through to display.
- Produce & review product requirement documents to the highest of standards.
- Own the end-to-end success of projects from requirements definition through design, development, launch, & post-launch analysis.
- Work with subject matter experts for your products, capabilities & services.
- Develop a strategy & make creative recommendations to expand our product vision across the portfolio.
- Meticulously detailed.
- Strong leader. Creative thinker. Exceptional communicator.
- Leadership presence with a knack to evangelize to your team & to upper management.
- Be curious & globally oriented.
- Bachelors degree with experience in the conceptualization, development, and/or management of visualization of geospatial information.
- Experience working with web & app platforms & frameworks
- Strong knowledge of digitally distributed products & technology
- Experience writing detailed requirements for products; such as wire frames, criteria, & business cases
- Ability to interact & communicate with product, design, & development teams of all levels, backgrounds & distributed staffing models
- A broad, strategic orientation with an attention to detail
- Must be comfortable to prioritize a pipeline of work based on a strategic evaluation of goals & implications
- Driving collective decisions, while being comfortable making independent decisions & thinking through all product ramifications
- Highly creative, with ability to work within practical boundaries
- Flexibility & adaptability to rapidly changing environment
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants & existing employees & we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy & gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with & providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request & your contact information.