Regional People Support Manager-NYC
As a member of the People Team, you will serve as a strategic business partner supporting various levels of the Field Operations leadership team while also supporting the salaried & hourly team member populations in your region. Your role is critical to developing & executing on people practices pertaining to talent, team culture, & compliance initiatives.
What Youll Lead (Essential Functions of the Role)
- Lead workforce planning routines for multiple levels of leadership.
- Challenge placement, identify & support leaders with developmental strengths & gaps.
- Plan for talent moves & identify internal, external, pipeline & bench candidates. Partner with Talent Acquisition & Operations team to ensure staffing goals align with business objectives.
- Support the New Store Opening (NSO) strategy with people needs assessment & placement.
- Lead the hourly hiring population strategy to staff restaurants across your market.
- Conduct employee relations investigations & provide recommendations & insights to field team.
- Analyze data & trends in turnover reporting to improve regional retention & engagement.
- Conduct restaurant visits that teach, coach & train leaders on cultivating a balanced business scorecard.
- Lead the benefits open enrollment process including launch meetings & enrollment support.
- Build incredible cross-functional partners to support a culture that aligns with our core values.
- Ensure local people practices comply with sweetgreen handbook, federal, state & local laws.
- Partner with compliance team to mitigate risk through conducting audits & leading regional initiatives.
- Support the development of company policies & training that address people priorities.
What Youll Bring (From the Farm) to the Table (Job Qualifications & Requirements):
Education & Experience
- 3-5 years experience working in an HR business partner role
- 2+ year experience leading employee relations for an hourly workforce
- Ability to navigate complexity in a regional capacity & successfully lead change initiatives
- Experience working with a multi-state employer & large hourly population a plus
- Prior restaurant or retail experience
- PHR or SHRM-CP highly desired
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Experienced in building business partnerships, investing in relationships, & quickly building trust amongst teams & leaders.
- Results-driven, intrinsically motivated individual with a passion for people & business.
- Role model for integrity & champions culture.
- Excellent critical thinking, analytical, problem solving & decision making skills.
- Ability to embrace & promote companys Core Values in your compliance solutions
- Natural problem solver with a passion for creating simple solutions
- Sound judgement & the ability to handle highly sensitive & confidential information relating to HR.
- Ability to multi-task & manage more than one cross-functional & mission-critical project at one time.
- Has a passion for navigating complex employee relations situations.
- Appreciates ambiguity & autonomy in an incredibly fast-paced environment.
- Provides clear feedback to peers, partners, & senior leadership to protect the brand &
- Ability to travel in market & out of market a minimum of 25% of the time.
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us & everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.