LiveRamp is the leading data connectivity platform. We are committed to connecting the worlds data safely & effectively, advancing innovation, & empowering people to do good. Our platform powers customer experiences centered around the needs & concerns of real people, keeping the Internet open for all. We enable individuals around the world to connect with the brands & products they love. LiveRampers thrive on solving challenging problems for the good of humanityand were always looking for smart, kind, & creative people to help us get there.
Mission: LiveRamp makes it safe & easy for businesses to use data effectively.
ABOUT THIS JOB
LiveRamp is seeking an experienced privacy & commercial contract attorney to join the Legal & Data Ethics team based in the EU (ideally Paris - France, London - UK or Amsterdam - Netherlands).
The Commercial & Privacy Counsel will report into the Assistant General Counsel - EU, & work as part of a global team to ensure privacy & data protection compliance in EU & LATAM countries, while enabling business innovation in a fast paced & dynamic environment. This role will also interface with business teams to negotiate & execute on a wide range of commercial & strategic initiatives requiring creative & proactive legal guidance.
In this role, the Commercial & Privacy Counsel will have the opportunity to educate & influence our internal teams, vendors & customers & the overall industry. This is a great opportunity to make a high-impact contribution to a fast-paced organization operating on the cutting-edge of data connectivity & the Ad/MarTech industry.
- Review, draft, & negotiate a wide variety of sales & supply side contracts, including customer (digital advertiser; agency), vendor (data licensing) agreements, with the ability to capture complex legal & business concepts in a clear, concise, & easy-to-understand manner. There will be a primary focus on supporting any countries in European & LATAM markets.
- Provide data protection/privacy support as part of the contracting process (e.g. contract redlines, explaining standard product dataflows, negotiating data processing agreements & model clauses).
- Work with internal or external privacy counsel on more complex privacy issues including relating to new products/services/concepts.
- Embed with product & engineering teams to understand LiveRamps products & provide business-oriented privacy counseling to design data protection & privacy into our products (including ad tech related products & technologies such as RTB, trackers, connected devices) drawing on knowledge & experience with specific industry requirements & best practices such as EDAA & IAB.
- Collaborate & provide privacy guidance & related risk management advice to all groups across the company, including our Marketing, HR, Sales, Customer Success, Product, Engineering & Security teams.
- Conduct & manage privacy processes like data collection & use practices, data protection impact assessments & data subject access requests.
- Coordinating work with the U.S. Legal & Data Ethics team to ensure consistent approach & application of legal agreements & risk framework locally/regionally.
- Working with the rest of the legal department to support the Company's general corporate legal activities.
- Monitor & self-study on case law, legislation & other legal guidance relevant to AdTech & MarTech industries.
- Build legal policies & processes from the ground up, & provide consultation, training, & knowledge sharing to colleagues.
- Work closely with other privacy & legal professionals within the company.
- Manage & draft privacy notices & policies.
- Develop & provide training & education supporting the implementation of privacy related policies & processes.
- Interact with DPO (internal or external) & EU data protection authorities as needed.
- Qualified solicitor likely to be at the 3 to 5 years PQE level with privacy/data protection experience.
- Qualified to practice Law in one or more European, LATAM (including Brazilian or Argentinian) jurisdictions.
- General commercial and privacy/data protection experience ideally gained within both a law firm & in-house, ideally with some international experience.
- Experience with either software, technology or data is essential.
- Deep knowledge of global data protection laws including ePrivacy & GDPR; ability to research privacy laws & practices globally.
- A background in the AdTech & MarTech industry & good knowledge of Internet technologies.
- Sound judgment, strong do-er work ethic, excellent problem solving & organization skills, practicality, a focus on business outcomes & flexibility to manage multiple matters simultaneously.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills & experience in partnering with diverse & remote teams throughout the organization.
- Excellent written & oral communication skills with clients, partners & the business in English (with any other languages being desirable, especially Spanish or Portuguese).
- Ability to work collaboratively with people at all levels under pressure in a rapidly changing environment & to identify, prioritize & resolve issues quickly, diplomatically, & effectively.