Build the user experience that powers global trade
We are looking for a product manager to create world-class customer experiences that progress the evolution of global trade. With a customer-first mindset & deep empathy for customer needs, you will work alongside a team of highly-skilled engineers, designers, data scientists & freight forwarding experts in building the interface between our customers & the movement of their goods. The products you build will empower our customers to optimize their end-to-end supply chains & run more successful businesses.
You will be responsible for defining & evolving the roadmap for the app experience for our shippers. Youll build a global product for our users world-wide while tailoring the experience to the Asia region, which is a strategic market segment for Flexport. In addition, youll have the opportunity to shape & grow Flexports newest Software Development office in Shanghai.
- Drive the 3-5 year shipper product vision & strategy & how we will get there. Youll be building a global product for shippers world-wide tailored to our most important markets, of which Asia is your first.
- Help build & grow Flexports brand-new Software Development office in Shanghai.
- Lead & inspire a cross-functional team of designers, engineers, data scientists, & operations specialists to implement your product vision.
- Work closely with our business, operations, & technology teams to develop a roadmap to address the needs of our users.
- Meet with our customers across Asia to gain a deep understanding of their freight forwarding needs & how Flexport can best address those needs.
- Become a domain expert: Gain a deep understanding of the Asia market & local & global technology trends & competitive dynamics, & form a perspective on how Flexport fits into it all.
- Make data driven decisions & implement metrics to manage your teams progress & impact.
You should have:
- 5+ years experience as a Product Manager
- A track record of creating design-led world-class customer experiences
- Technical competence; might not be an expert, but can talk shop with the best of them
- Experience collaborating with & inspiring engineering teams with a focus on accelerating development velocity
- Crystal clear communication skills, driving consensus across functions & teams
- Strong command of English & Mandarin
We believe trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers & their logistics partners with the technology & services to grow & innovate. Today, companies of all sizesfrom emerging brands to Fortune 500suse Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Dont be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. Thats why its important to bring people from diverse backgrounds & experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. Thats why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated & engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating & nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical & mental disability, health status, marital & family status, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, military & veteran status, & any other characteristic protected by applicable law.