Pure Storage Acquired Portworx in October 2020, Creating the Industry's Most Complete Kubernetes Data Services Platform for Cloud Native Applications. This acquisition represents Pures largest to date & our deeper expansion into the fast-growing market for multi-cloud data services to support Kubernetes & containers.
Press Release - September 16, 2020
BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, & our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence & advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, & self-driving carsall of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pures technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
Weve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, & as we continue to gobble up market share, were blazing trails & setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays & in 2019, Gartner named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Primary Storage.
- Our customer-first culture & unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2019 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say bring it on to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
Were seeking a talented & motivated Technical Marketer (aka Developer Evangelist) who can thrive in a fast-paced environment & play a critical role in growing the company. You must be comfortable interfacing with engineering, marketing, sales, & partners to help position the company, create content, & evangelize our technology to the market.
- You are a deep, full-stack cloud technologist. You have a track record of building distributed applications end-to-end, not just reading about them.
- You are passionate about containers, Kubernetes, data management, & building stateful applications in modern clusters.
- You have a history of leadership & service in Kubernetes, container & DevOps communities, & you have a passion for making applications work.
- You have great technical writing skills demonstrated via documentation, blog posts & other written work.
- You are a social animal. You like meeting new people on & offline.
- You are a great public speaker & are sought after for your expertise & presentation style.
- You don't mind charging your laptop & phone in airport lounges (when its not a global pandemic!), staying productive & professional on the road. You are willing & eager to travel anywhere our developer communities meet.
- You respect work-life balance, but don't mind working irregular hours & weekends occasionally as the job demands to support hackathons, conferences, user groups, & other developer events.
We need help with:
- Creating high-quality technical content for publication on our blog & other channels to show Kubernetes, container & DevOps communities how to implement specific Kubernetes storage & data management solutions.
- Running evaluations on industry solutions which includes research, benchmarking, performance & failure mode testing.
- Building reference architectures & solutions with other industry & Pure solutions.
- Spreading the word about Kubernetes storage & data management by speaking & sharing your expertise at relevant user groups & conferences.
- Evangelizing Kubernetes & Portworx technologies to the community, as well as to DevOPs/IT organizations chartered with operational management of stateful containers.
- Promoting the needs of Kubernetes, container & DevOps communities & users to the Portworx product & engineering team, so that we build the right products in the right way.
- Supporting Kubernetes, container & DevOps communities building containerized applications wherever they are, on forums, social media, & everywhere in between.
BE YOUCORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, & make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice & can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts & celebrate individuality, & with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, & expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal & professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local & global communities through volunteering & grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full & best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, & company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws & regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.