About the team:
At DIG, we believe that building great teams & culture starts with a people-first approach. We cast a wide net - teach as much as we learn, learn as much as we teach. The Learning & Development team embodies the value Nurture the Next Crop & is dedicated to growing chefs, culinary professionals, & future leaders. The e-Learning & Training Content Developer will work closely with subject matter experts to create content for our development experiences & learning paths across restaurant & support roles. This role will report to the Learning & Organizational Development Manager.
- Develop & deliver eLearning best practices, content templates & technology innovations.
- Create & edit audio & video collateral.
- Consult with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) & source materials to develop engaging & dynamic online development experiences & learning paths.
- Create & establish cross functional partnerships to drive large scale development programming.
- Provide thought leadership & contributions to overall instructional design & eLearning projects.
- Maintain current knowledge of all restaurant systems, food service & safety systems, & labor deployment systems to ensure the technical skills of all operators are kept current; develops & executes plans to close skill gaps when present.
- Leverage strong internal consulting skills to partner with stakeholders in developing & designing functional specific training.
- Analyze employee feedback data & establish success metrics of programs & initiatives.
- Measure impact & quickly iterate content or modality to address specific feedback, as needed.
- An excellent visual & verbal communicator.
- Design-focused with a keen eye for detail & knowledge of instructional design & adult learning principles.
- A branding wizard, creating impactful iconography & visuals that represent the DIG mission & handwriting.
- Adaptable, flexible, & motivated to drive results in a fast-paced environment where change is a constant.
- 3-5 years of experience in an instructional design & development role using various eLearning development/delivery modalities.
- Bachelors degree in a relevant field such as instructional design, education or technology. Bonus: Masters degree in learning design & development, adult learning or a related field.
- Demonstrated skill in eLearning development applications & tools (Articulate Studio/Storyline, Captivate, Camtasia, Animate/After Effects, Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator).
- Experience in video & audio editing.
- Knowledge of/experience with eLearning technical standards (SCORM, AICC, xAPI).
- Use of graphic design applications to develop visually appealing & engaging experiences.
- Experience in the restaurant, hospitality and/or retail industry is strongly preferred.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal skills, strong written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office products; MSWord, PowerPoint, Excel.
Work perks:Aside from your standard job description fare (competitive salary, medical, dental, vision) we also offer:
- Macbook laptop
- Flexible vacation time
- Phone reimbursement
- Equinox gym membership, based on eligibility
- Commuter benefits
- Bonus potential
- A (hypo-allergenic) dog friendly HQ (theyre amazing stress-relievers)
- Complimentary DIG lunch everyday
DIG is a farm-to-table food company with over 25 locations in New York & the Northeast, serving seasonal vegetables & culinary comfort food on an urban scale.
The company is built on a culture of driven curiosity & ambitious innovation, finding & implementing new solutions to offering a simple, healthy, affordable meal. Our mission is to build a better food system (one vegetable at a time) that offers a better deal to customers, cooks, & farmers alike.
Since getting started in 2011, we have focused on the essentials of our mission- building kitchens, training chefs, & developing one-on-one relationships with over 50 partner farms. The next few years will be a period of expansion, as we open in new cities & use the platform weve built for a better conversation around sourcing, cooking, & the business of food.
And did we mention free DIG for all employees? We strongly recommend the sweet potatoes.
DIG believes in the power of a shared table to bring people together as we are committed to building a culturally inclusive team. Diverse candidates encouraged to apply.