Who We Are
HomeLight is a venture-backed technology startup revolutionizing the $1 trillion real estate industry. Our mission is simple we empower people to achieve better outcomes during one of lifes most important events: buying or selling their home.
HomeLights technology analyzes millions of home transactions to determine which agent or cash buyer is right for you. We also offer innovative financing & closing solutions, creating an end-to-end real estate experience that's simple, certain, & satisfying.
We pride ourselves on our company culture but dont just take it from us. Weve been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes, Inc. Magazine, & the San Francisco Business Times. Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to HomeLight's goals & core values, which is a crucial element to our shared success.
About the role:
This role is a free agent that will float around the system & squash bugs, fix performance issues, look for areas of improvement, & be security-minded. This role gets to work with manager, director, & vp directly.
Relevant experience: Ruby on Rails, Heroku, Postgres, AWS, Fastly, Sentry, DataDog, Sidekiq, Redis
What You Will Do Here:
- System logging, monitoring, tracing, & alerting
- Not a lot of feature work with a traditional PM
- More architecture than real coding
- React to outages & report root cause
- Writing services in shared API engine
- Performance investigations & improvements
- Heroku maintenance & tuning
- Good understanding of Heroku
- Dynos & threads
- Web concurrency
- Postgres (credentials, connection pooling)
- Private spaces
Bonus points for:
- Startup experience
- Scaled a monolith
- CDN setup & configurations