Want to aid us in future innovation? Vimeo's mobile & TV engineering team are responsible for ensuring our mobile & TV apps continue to perform above & beyond industry standards for our users worldwide. We work tirelessly to improve Vimeos native app experiences. We focus on serving creators with innovative tools that improve their workflow, backed by supporting the best ad-free online viewing experience possible.
Cast aside your other devices, fire up those engineering skills, & kudos for finding your way to the best iOS job on the nets
WHAT YOULL DO:
- Create exciting & innovative experiences for our Creator community on mobile & TV using iOS & tvOS
- Write clean code in an Agile environment
- Keep abreast of the latest & greatest design strategies in Swift & Apple API
- Collaborate with a tight team of mobile & desktop product designers & developers to define, design & ship new features & functionality
- Contribute new ideas & innovative strategies to help create the next big thing for content creation & distribution in mobile
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE YOU SHOULD POSSESS:
- 5+ years experience building & distributing iOS apps in a product-driven environment
- Mastery of Swift & Objective-C (we use both)
- Good working knowledge of web services & JSON
- Experience with AVFoundation
- Experience implementing in-app purchase
- Experience with advanced Xcode profiling & debugging
- In-depth experience with multithreaded & networked applications
- Solid experience with version control (we use Github) & task management (we use Jira)
- Keen eye for pixel-perfect implementation of design into code
- Strong focus on unit & UI testing, & analytics
- Driven, curious, self motivated, excellent communicator & collaborator
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field (or the equivalent in working experience)
- Experience mentoring junior developers
- Strong knowledge of common mobile architectures (MVVM, MVP, VIPER, etc.)
- Experience with audio/video encoding, optimization & handling
- Experience developing native apps for other platforms (Android, TV)
- Solid background in object-oriented programming for the web (PHP, Python)
- Strong open source presence & portfolio of public code (Github, Bitbucket, etc.)
At Vimeo, our mission is to empower video creators to tell exceptional stories & connect with their audiences & communities. Home to more than 80 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the worlds largest ad-free open video platform, providing powerful tools to host, share & sell videos in the highest quality possible.
We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed, & to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent & cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration & creativity. Were committed to building a company & a community where people thrive by being themselves & are inspired to do their best work every day.
Vimeo is based in New York City, with additional offices in Europe & India. Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com.