The Payroll Manager will lead & manage our payroll functions ensuring pay is processed on time, accurately, & in compliance with Domestic & Global government regulations. Sitting at the intersection of finance & human resources, this role will own the day to day payroll administration, processing, & customer service to ensure accuracy. Reporting into the SVP of HR, this role will ensure peace of mind for our employees & business.
As a Payroll Manager, you will:
- Implement, maintain, & review all matters related to payroll administration, processing, & reconciliation:
- Develop systems to process payroll account transactions (e.g. salaries, benefits, garnishments, deductions, taxes & third party payments)
- Coordinate timekeeping & payroll systems
- Oversee processing of payroll changes (e.g. new hires, terminations, raises) & system upgrades
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws & internal policies
- Supervise & coach payroll clerks & assistants
- Liaise with auditors & manage payroll tax audits
- Collaborate with Human Resources (HR) & accounting teams
- Maintain accurate records & prepare reports
- Manage the relationship with our payroll vendors, both domestic & international
- Own & continually improve all Finance & HR operations activities related to payroll, vendor relationship management, employment law compliance, ACA reporting, I-9 completion & filing, employee record management, & employee leave request administration.
- Liaise with internal & external stakeholders to resolve issues & answer payroll-related questions; specifically collaborate closely with people operations & finance.
Who You Are:
- 4+ years of proven experience as payroll administrator or manager at a company of 150-250+ employees
- Current knowledge of payroll procedures & related laws as well as an excellent understanding of multi-location payroll & taxes
- Familiarity with payroll software/ HRIS (preferably ADP Workforce Now) & MS Office (especially Excel)
- A keen eye for detail, an analytical mind, & good math skills
- Organizational & leadership skills
- Outstanding communication skills (written & oral) across teams with an awareness of customer services & employee confidentiality
- Ability to comfortably interact with employees of all levels of experience & seniority, across the organization & uses diplomacy & discretion when dealing with sensitive employee payroll & benefit matters
- Thrives in a startup environment where you are given autonomy & ownership
- BSc/BA in Business Administration, Accounting, Human Resources or related field; professional certification (e.g. CPP, CPM) is a plus
- Experience working with a third party payroll processing in United Kingdom, Netherlands, and/or Singapore
- Experience working with a Global Professional Employment Organisation (PEO)
About JW Player
JW Player pioneered video on the web over a decade ago & continues to innovate as the worlds largest network-independent platform for video delivery & intelligence. Media companies including Fox, VICE, Business Insider, & Univision, in addition to hundreds of thousands of creators of all types & sizes, rely on JW Player to deliver & monetize their content across all devices. JW Players massive global footprint of over 2 billion unique devices creates a powerful data graph of unique consumer insights & generates billions of incremental video views. The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in London & Eindhoven, & was named to Deloittes Technology Fast 500 in 2018. For more information, visit http://www.jwplayer.com.
When you join JW Player, you are not just joining a company or a team but a family. Our goal is to take care of you & ensure you will be successful in your new role. Your success is our success. When you join us, your benefits kick in from day one!
- Medical, Vision & Dental Coverage through Empire BlueCross
- Open PTO Policy - Self care is IMPORTANT!
- Development Program
- An opportunity to make an impact in a fast paced environment
- Bi - Annual Hack Weeks
- AMA (Ask Me Anything) & Fireside chats with Executives & JW Player family
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.